So who has R113 000 to spare?

dev  null

Not really. He's quite a humble guy. I've only ever seen him ride his singlespeed and never his (rather nice) trailbike.

I prefer his other articles above his Business Insider articles though. So maybe it's a case of what the publication wants.

He might be a good/nice guy, but you can't argue the comments regarding his articles on BI. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R113000 for plastic wheels...

Look I am all for tech but exactly how much faster are these going to make me over lets say a set 808nsw or similar wheels at fraction of the price.

R113000 to not be guaranteed the fastest wheels on the planet sounds like a rip off. Especially since the raw material of those probably cost less than the author of the article got paid for the article.

Wonder how much Lightweight paid for this marketing stunt

Seems they need to recuperate the costs on the first set of wheels sold

Whoever buys these wheels, should then consider this bike from Bugatti. Starting, yes thats STARTING, from about R700 000.00

The wheels are a bargain then.

post-62666-0-32515800-1533206851_thumb.jpg

Wonder how much Lightweight paid for this marketing stunt

Zero.

If they did, we'd have relevant info, not a irrelevant Laptop-weight or incorrect first class flight price comparison.

Whoever buys these wheels, should then consider this bike from Bugatti. Starting, yes thats STARTING, from about R700 000.00

The wheels are a bargain then.

Especially since the wheels on that bike looks like they built them as well...

Zero.

If they did, we'd have relevant info, not a irrelevant Laptop-weight or incorrect first class flight price comparison.

Think you missed the point...

The average non-cyclist would be drawn into that article by the title and the comparisons as it is something they can make reference to in their everyday life.

Now that they've read the article they probably going to talk to a cycling buddy about it and the brand will always be in the back of their mind. 

And, lets face it, people with money that buy the latest S-works every year don't care about specs, they just want the most expensive bike  :wacko:

The average non-cyclist would be drawn into that article by the title and the comparisons as it is something they can make reference to in their everyday life.

Now that they've read the article they probably going to talk to a cycling buddy about it and the brand will always be in the back of their mind. 

And, lets face it, people with money that buy the latest S-works every year don't care about specs, they just want the most expensive bike  :wacko:

But do they then compare the weight of their S-Works to a TV?

But do they then compare the weight of their S-Works to a TV?

I'm not one of them so I can't answer that... 

Fair enough, maybe the article and approach appeals and caught the attention of some.

If I see an article, about a Ferrari, that weighs less than my toaster, damn right I'll click. 

I might be completely wrong, but this brand will for most, always just be in the back of their minds, and not on their bikes. 

Fair enough, maybe the article and approach appeals and caught the attention of some.

If I see an article, about a Ferrari, that weighs less than my toaster, damn right I'll click. 

I might be completely wrong, but this brand will for most, always just be in the back of their minds, and not on their bikes. 

Agree completely hence I say, I wonder how much they paid considering the article states that they are in demand here and I find it highly unlikely that there is any demand at that price  :eek:

You can buy Darkhorse wheels that weigh sub 1,400g for under R15k. But you won't be winning the spitting contest...

Agree completely hence I say, I wonder how much they paid considering the article states that they are in demand here and I find it highly unlikely that there is any demand at that price  :eek:

Well, I can count the times I've seen a set in Cape Town, on one finger. 

Maybe we're all just poor and there is in fact a Meilenstein demand that we don't know about. 

Archived