So who has R113 000 to spare?

dev  null

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not me......I would expect motorcycle wheels, suitably attached to the rest of a good motorcycle for that amount of Randella’s.

Please own up. Who has this amount of dough laying about to pay for these wheels, because apparently, there is demand.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/these-bicycle-wheels-cost-more-than-flying-first-class-to-europe-and-are-lighter-than-your-macbook-2018-8

I like how the new measurement for wheelset weights will be xx% of a laptop.

Aside from how bad the article is, is it just me or is that wheelset not actually light(er than competitors offerings)? 

1600g... and that's amazing, is it? they sure look bling-y though. probably will be seen on Spez's exclusively... :whistling:

I want to know, with which airline and which destination, can you fly twice, return, first class, for R113 000?

1600g... and that's amazing, is it? they sure look bling-y though. probably will be seen on Spez's exclusively... :whistling:

And certain ASG imports also.

And that's the weight of the tubs. The disc clinchers are 1865g..... heavier than the Macbook  :mellow: And heavier than Zipp808NSW Disc Clinchers.

Some cycling story written by a non cyclist to drum up some frenzy again. That is very heavy for race wheels. You can buy Lightweights off eBay new at half that price

agree with madbradd, there is zero content in this article that is remotely of interest.  geometry considerations, aero performance, weight comparison, internal / external width...

that said, i'm a sucker for deep section carbon wheels...  but these don't really do it for me. enve's come at a third of the price, look better and have way sexier decals.

also looks like it has a brake track on the outer edge, so these might not even be disc specific?

Which Pro Tour teams evens use the 'Lightweight' manufacturing brand wheelsets - if any?

Or is it just way to light in respect to UCI limits and the bike mechanics are stuck having to add weight in other areas of bike to meet weight limit  :whistling:

And that's the weight of the tubs. The disc clinchers are 1865g..... heavier than the Macbook  :mellow: And heavier than Zipp808NSW Disc Clinchers.

At that weight I'd expect it to make it down Losinj DH.

So looking at other articles from this "journalist", exhibit A: 

Section: Cannondale Scalpel Si-Black - R180,000
"If you love grinding gravel for hours on end, this is the bike for you."

Clearly we are dealing with an expert on the subject of cycling, and everything related. 

The author of that article sometimes writes for the hub, Lance Branquinho.

Well it's obvious Lance has the need to tell the rest of the world how expensive his beloved cycling hobby is.

Well it's obvious Lance has the need to tell the rest of the world how expensive his beloved cycling hobby is.

Not really. He's quite a humble guy. I've only ever seen him ride his singlespeed and never his (rather nice) trailbike.

I prefer his other articles above his Business Insider articles though. So maybe it's a case of what the publication wants.

Archived