So who has R113 000 to spare?

dev  null

I'm not one of them so I can't answer that... 

More just pointing out that unrelated comparisons are useless - more thought could have gone into the article.

If someone asked how hard Ironman was, you could answer saying that it's like driving from Jhb to Cape Town: 10 hours and you're cooking it, 12 hours is good going, and you should be able to do it in 17 unless you're horribly underprepared. While the comparison is "correct", it offers no useful/valuable information.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can count the times I've seen a set in Cape Town, on one finger. 

Maybe we're all just poor and there is in fact a Meilenstein demand that we don't know about. 

I've seen plenty sets (new sets on bikes in a bike shop) - 1 or 2 on a used bike (in the service stand at a bike shop), but I've never seen a set being ridden. 

The articles are taken seriously in the echo chamber of the super rich, those that read BI and leave printouts around the office to impress others.  I suppose when juju starts cycling this will be his reference material.  He will walk into Cyclelab with a neatly folded printout and say "I want that one!" pointing at the most expensive picture, before returning dressed in too small lyrca to his G-wagon.

For the rest of us we read it as SATIRE, and see it as what it is poking fun at the posing and rampant consumption of our richer (but not as well informed) peers and rulers.   Yes it is a bit of a sad joke to see a fun rider on a state of the art machine he can barely handle, and even funnier when he crashes himself into hospital and his machine onto eBay.

I've seen plenty sets (new sets on bikes in a bike shop) - 1 or 2 on a used bike (in the service stand at a bike shop), but I've never seen a set being ridden. 

They roll too fast, you won't see them while being ridden.

Probably the same set just being moved from bike to bike

just wondering does it come witha casette of your choice  :thumbup:  if not i dont want them  :ph34r:

Probably the same set just being moved from bike to bike

Was at Design In Motion the other day, a few bikes had sets on them.

I saw 2 sets - different bikes - 1 set was going backwards up a climb we where on and the other went backwards in the group sprint at the end - think it was during Tour of Durban one year...

If you can afford it why not?

I saw 2 sets - different bikes - 1 set was going backwards up a climb we where on and the other went backwards in the group sprint at the end - think it was during Tour of Durban one year...

Might not be a very good climber or sprinter but he/she is definitely very successful in other areas

If you can afford it why not?

Might not be a very good climber or sprinter but he/she is definitely very successful in other areas

Or they work for a government department. :ph34r:

Well, I can count the times I've seen a set in Cape Town, on one finger. 

Maybe we're all just poor and there is in fact a Meilenstein demand that we don't know about. 

I have seen at least 6 sets in Cape town. A few extra if you count out of towners for August.

Was at Design In Motion the other day, a few bikes had sets on them.

They've got some high end stuff

I have seen at least 6 sets in Cape town. A few extra if you count out of towners for August.

But then again, you ride $ next to the deep pockets. 

I see a rather underhanded admission that someone was riding in the fun rider group here.....

Archived