To hell and back

Man with no name

Yes. Any advice?

pack sunscreen (and rain jackets)

if you don't like craft beer, pack your own. you can only get darling crap or wine at the 1st camp site

have a spur burger

have a swim in the streams 

take eye drops for the dust

it's only 60km but its not easy

heartbreak is not named heartbreak for nothing

elandspad is a SOB going up and down

nothing works for the ants, but they disappear when the sun starts going down

take it easy in the corners if its dry

edit: double check your tent position, the guys setting up don't check for rocks

Edited by fanievb

Day two is only 40 km - you freewheel the last 20..... Easy day out!

I know you are joking but for the record - the 2 days are EXACTLY the same length. You start where you finish. Day 2 is at least 15 minutes harder... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The first about 10 kms from the turnoff after cresting the Pass is in a poor condition . Lots of stones . Then better from there . Speaking of conditions 2 weeks ago .

The first about 10 kms from the turnoff after cresting the Pass is in a poor condition . Lots of stones . Then better from there . Speaking of conditions 2 weeks ago .

My back took a pounding there last year. Loose and bumpy

Would have expected it to be fixed already as some sections looked like they've been worked on during last year's event.

• 1 month later...

Looking at the prices for the event that just passed.

R2 100 for the event only (including a t-shirt). A reasonable R400 more for tent and 3 meal.

Am I the only one who thinks the base fee of R2 100 is hefty for two days of riding? That's a little over R1 000 per day just to take part in the riding.

I understand it's a special ride, which is why I really want to do it, but at that price... eish naai man!