Football

IceCreamMan

So Nuno, one month manager of the month, next month fired.

it’s a tough world eh…but his euro strategy playing 11 new starts was diabolical and then lost the subsequent league game anyway.

spurs need to recoup their stadium cost so they not going to splash..means they going to battle with managers of quality …won’t win league, won’t be relegated so rake it in for a while. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for Nuno. I believe he was set up to fail, not that he did anything to disprove his belated appointment.

Im not convinced that Spurs are cash-strapped, even with the additional cost of the stadium - they have a fairly solid payback strategy. And remember there’s still ongoing negotiations to sell the naming rights of the stadium, which could probably pay Conte’s salary... 

3 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

I feel sorry for Nuno. I believe he was set up to fail, not that he did anything to disprove his belated appointment.

Im not convinced that Spurs are cash-strapped, even with the additional cost of the stadium - they have a fairly solid payback strategy. And remember there’s still ongoing negotiations to sell the naming rights of the stadium, which could probably pay Conte’s salary... 

Antonio Conte... Welcome to Tottenham Hotspur ????????

On 8/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Arteta must far cough. What a joke they have become 

as that lil Britain guy said. Arsenal will have the best stadium in the championship. 

That aged well innit?

On 8/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, IceCreamMan said:

my ole man is a gooners fan...he reckons Arteta been given 3 more games.... whether true or not i cannot say but my ole man knows ppl who know ppl who are sort of connected to Ray Parlour....

As that LB guy said:  "Yeah, but no, but yeah …"

Someone said this in August?  A month or two after the manager was given £140 million for a squad rebuild?  Odd.  NOT happening. 

1 hour ago, RoddieJ said:

Antonio Conte... Welcome to Tottenham Hotspur ????????

Good luck, mate.  I feel a bit sorry for that old geezer Gary Mabbutt, he hadn’t yet been born when they last took the league.  

Despite him playing all but one match,  Kane has the least number of attempts by any striker in any of the top 5 Euro leagues, old man Mabbutt may have to wait a bit longer. ????

Psst... I think Gary Mabutt may just be younger than I are, lol...

In saying that, remember that a table is made up of all the parts! ????????????????

Add to that, this season has seen the call for sack shift on a weekly basis, so let’s give Conte the next 19 weeks at least! ????????

13 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Psst... I think Gary Mabutt may just be younger than I are, lol...

In saying that, remember that a table is made up of all the parts! ????????????????

Good on you. 

awesomesir.JPG.6c2a79421df8bd16109fa195b6f98c3a.JPG

I seriously doubt that Conte would have signed if he hadn’t been given significant authority, unlike with his predecessor.  Just rumour for now but it seems that Conte may get quite a sizeable kitty for the next transfer window.

I actually feel that Nuno was a stopgap appointment to this eventuality.

I also think that the club were specifically targeting a personality, someone to light the fire after the mediocre performances by both Mourinho and the players. So statement achieved! Now the real work begins.

Conte will first have to make some sense of his inheritance before he even begins to think of the kitty.... There are 2 months and a whole lotta football matches still to be played. I wish Conte bourngiorno!

6 hours ago, justinafrika said:

That aged well innit?

As that LB guy said:  "Yeah, but no, but yeah …"

Someone said this in August?  A month or two after the manager was given £140 million for a squad rebuild?  Odd.  NOT happening. 

3rd highest London side ain’t nothing to brag about considering moyes spend. But I take yr point. Arteta took Arsenal to 4th best in London last season. Remember the good ole days when Wenger was shafted for better results  

long season ahead mind. Could go either way and Spurs are testament to that. From top to fired in 3 months. 

arsenals dismal start certainly had pundits talking about his scalp. Not isolated. To date I reckon Arsenal have only had 2 outstanding games. Result against Leicester last weekend an the win over a woeful spurs. Arsenal are the highest placed side with a negative goal difference. I suspect Arteta will not last the season  

we wait n see 

Edited by IceCreamMan

6 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Good on you. 

awesomesir.JPG.6c2a79421df8bd16109fa195b6f98c3a.JPG

I seriously doubt that Conte would have signed if he hadn’t been given significant authority, unlike with his predecessor.  Just rumour for now but it seems that Conte may get quite a sizeable kitty for the next transfer window.

Heard 150 million in the summer. 

but is that enough these days. 

150million means nothing if the mentality of the rest is not on par! I’m looking forward to the next two months under Conte.

That being said, it took the equivalent of 150million for Klopp to completely transform Liverpool with just two marquee signings.... so, as the old adage goes, anything is possible in football...

COYS!

10 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Arteta took Arsenal to 4th best in London last season. Remember the good ole days when Wenger was shafted for better results  

long season ahead mind. Could go either way and Spurs are testament to that. From top to fired in 3 months. 

arsenals dismal start certainly had pundits talking about his scalp. Not isolated. To date I reckon Arsenal have only had 2 outstanding games. Result against Leicester last weekend an the win over a woeful spurs. Arsenal are the highest placed side with a negative goal difference. I suspect Arteta will not last the season  

Bit of a false flag false equivalency statement, the gaffer has got rid of a host of plonkers that he inherited including the entire back line.  Leno, Luiz, Papasthopoulos, Torreira, Ozil, Nelson, Maitland-Niles, Bellerin.

Most revealing:

1240849756_PLgoalssep-oct21.jpg.dc81ca0b64a49525ef601d5c0da0e65a.jpg

3 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Bit of a false flag false equivalency statement, the gaffer has got rid of a host of plonkers that he inherited including the entire back line.  Leno, Luiz, Papasthopoulos, Torreira, Ozil, Nelson, Maitland-Niles, Bellerin.

Most revealing:

1240849756_PLgoalssep-oct21.jpg.dc81ca0b64a49525ef601d5c0da0e65a.jpg

Great stats for sure. And without a doubt the last 60 days have been good. 

question begs though, apart from the 2 I mentioned. Who of note have IArsenal actually played? 

watford an Newcastle should be comfortable but Liverpool will be the one worth watching. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Watch this space, it’s a rebuild project already paying off with the youngest squad by far.  Another 6 academy trainees promoted to first squad training this week. Another factoid:  With Nic Jover as the new set-piece coach, Gooners have turned into the team with the highest percentage of set-piece goal conversions in the league.

Fascinating season, can’t wait to see Conte’s moves.

Edited by justinafrika

Hope so, sad to see a once great side struggling. One always expects spurs or Chelsea to have up down kinda seasons but gunners were always rock solid. North london was gunners turf. 

we wait n see but I am not as optimistic as you are. One london side I am in awe of is West Ham. Moyes should be knighted for his work there. 

As much as I admire the turnaround by Moyes at WH, let’s also remember that we are only 25% through the season.

However, for what it is at the present moment, I think Moyes deserves a sticky gold star... Lol