Football

IceCreamMan

20 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

“VAR 100% wrong, Everton penalty, Tottenham never looked like scoring, terrible, very poor game of football, very uncharacteristic for the premier league.” -  Tim Sherwood

“It’s not a clear and obvious error, 100% wrong, it’s not possible for us to still be debating it, it’s NOT a clear and obvious error.  I’m pleased, BUT it’s WRONG. Everton penalty.” - Sherwood

That game not televised here so did it watch it at all.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Dean Smith the latest out the door at Aston Villa.

Very harsh call that. Without Grealish there was always going to be problems but this is harsh. They were the better side in the second half and deserved something from the game. But that’s football.

1 minute ago, IceCreamMan said:

That game not televised here so did it watch it at all.

Lucky you. You didn’t miss anything.

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

Very harsh call that. Without Grealish there was always going to be problems but this is harsh. They were the better side in the second half and deserved something from the game. But that’s football.

I also feel for Dean Smith - Villa have ended a few games with the wrong result, but were the better side

19 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

Agreed. At least the other North London team keeps my bet alive -  can’t believe I didn’t bet the Eve-Tot game. 
Now I’m hoping the other London side can draw with ‘Pool

I got West Ham 4:1 for a win. Been a crap weekend for me so here’s hoping 

1 minute ago, IceCreamMan said:

I got West Ham 4:1 for a win. Been a crap weekend for me so here’s hoping 

????????

33 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

“VAR 100% wrong, Everton penalty, Tottenham never looked like scoring, terrible, very poor game of football, very uncharacteristic for the premier league.” -  Tim Sherwood

“It’s not a clear and obvious error, 100% wrong, it’s not possible for us to still be debating it, it’s NOT a clear and obvious error.  I’m pleased, BUT it’s WRONG. Everton penalty.” - Sherwood

Tim Sherwood may be correct!! And all of the match officials wrong!

It’s plausible, but I don’t particularly care for what Tim says, ever since he got sacked from his short stint as manager at Spurs! The poor guy still hasn’t gotten over that.

17 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Moyes if he does nothing else this  season is manager of the year ????

just doubled his salary I reckon. 

great game. Well done to the teams. 

Absolutely great performance and  result for WH, and possibly for Cheatski as well.

When your own sponsor trolls you. ????????????????

1757734395_spursysponsortroll.jpg.b9648a09fb2df17ec4b1992651a8a974.jpg

I scored well with this bet: Spurs failed to get a single shot on target for two successive matches, the first time it’s occurred in the entire history of the premier league.  If only there’s a trophy for that sort of thing?

Edited by justinafrika

I’m still wondering how a strike that hits the post is not deemed to be on target... ????

Anyway, we deserve the shellacking at the minute... gives Gunners fans a rare opportunity to troll the neighbours, I suppose

Gerrard to villa

howe to newcastle.

both possibly poisoned chalices…thin it’s particularly brave of Gerrard, better not slip up here.

further to the toon Saudi link. Lots of negativity in the press here and even talk that clubs will not sell players to them. Doubt that would happen but its interesting. Seems football has more backbone than F1

Agree re the poisoned chalice...

Gerrard to Villa is strange coz it’s not like he has established a reputation for success at Rangers in his 2 seasons there...

Eddie Howe to Toon may also be strange or brave, considering the vibe outside of Newcastle, towards the Saudi links... although, those Geordies are probably still punch-drunk after seeing the back of Mike Ashley.

Keeping a keen eye on these two... :whistling:

So it looks like Stevie G has burned his bridges at Rangers! As expected...

Knowing the Scottish, the whole of Scotland, and their kin will now brand him a “snake”. And guess what their wishes are for him at Villa...? Of course they would love nothing better than to see Villa get relegated ????????

Its only my opinion that he jumped ship too early...