Football

IceCreamMan

Inter came really really close, and City know they got away with one here.

I don’t blame Lukaku for being in the way - he couldn’t exactly disappear…. The ball struck him from very close. But Ederson also pulled if a very good save.

Yeah, let’s catch our breath before next season starts 👍🏽

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my old man is out here in august. He is a gooners fan. I been trying to score tickets but just can’t. So scalps it is. Looks like they want 400 for 2. 

I can get hospitality tickets for 12 august. 1070 quid for 2. Fark. I can’t afford 400 never mind 1070. 

premier league football is not for the poor …I have no idea how the clubs fill stadiums even at normal pricing. 

57 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

So my old man is out here in august. He is a gooners fan. I been trying to score tickets but just can’t. So scalps it is. Looks like they want 400 for 2. 

I can get hospitality tickets for 12 august. 1070 quid for 2. Fark. I can’t afford 400 never mind 1070. 

premier league football is not for the poor …I have no idea how the clubs fill stadiums even at normal pricing. 

And that’s just the ticket prices… there’s still food & drinks to be found 🙈

I suppose after they’ve invested £105m buying an average player… 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

2 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

And that’s just the ticket prices… there’s still food & drinks to be found 🙈

I suppose after they’ve invested £105m buying an average player… 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

Quite right. To get a normal ticket to a gunners game I will need to be a member of the club. That’s gonna cost probably around 80 a year. Then a halfway line ticket as an example will be about 80. To get to the stadium and back another 30. Food n drink another 30 to 50 per person. This footie thing ain’t for the average ou. 

when I lived here in the 80s it was 2.75 a ticket. Much more affordable than 80 now. 

4 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

I been trying to score tickets but just can’t. So scalps it is. Looks like they want 400 for 2. 

Sounds about right.  Before and during two visits to a London based GF in the noughties I was unable to get The Arsenal tickets.  Thankfully, she bought us entry for each day of SA’s famous Lord’s win when G Smith scored a double century, Kirsten a century and Matshaya Ntini bagged ten wickets.

Wish my kids were as generous as my much older 84 year old, originally from Manchester, mate’s children who frequently treat him to days at Old Trafford Arena and the cricket ground and Lord’s and the Melbourne and British F1 GPs.  I imagine your old man will be eternally grateful.

Edited by justinafrika

8 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Sounds about right.  Before and during two visits to a London based GF in the noughties I was unable to get The Arsenal tickets.  Thankfully, she bought us entry for each day of SA’s famous Lord’s win when G Smith scored a double century, Kirsten a century and Matshaya Ntini bagged ten wickets.

Wish my kids were as generous as my much older 84 year old, originally from Manchester, mate’s children who frequently treat him to days at Old Trafford Arena and the cricket ground and Lord’s and the Melbourne and British F1 GPs.  I imagine your old man will be eternally grateful.

Tried to get a ticket to lords for the 4th day. 340 quid. I didn’t go. 😂

On 7/3/2023 at 7:42 AM, IceCreamMan said:

Tried to get a ticket to lords for the 4th day. 340 quid. I didn’t go. 😂

340????  One day, insane.  Way less when the distant ex paid for the four days to match conclusion in 2003.  Even so, I prefer to think I may have been doing some things right to deserve all that.

I don’t generally buy the football strip until the end of the season when the shirts are like 20 quid. It’s always a bit of a gamble though as there might not be stock left or in my size left. 

but this year I just could not resist the long sleeve. These generally sell out and are never available  on sale and this year the shirts are just gawjus. So pulled the trigger. 65 quid is a lot of loot let’s be fair but once in a lifetime. 

IMG_0777.jpeg

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

I don’t generally buy the football strip until the end of the season when the shirts are like 20 quid. It’s always a bit of a gamble though as there might not be stock left or in my size left. 

but this year I just could not resist the long sleeve. These generally sell out and are never available  on sale and this year the shirts are just gawjus. So pulled the trigger. 65 quid is a lot of loot let’s be fair but once in a lifetime. 

IMG_0777.jpeg

Properly styling!

On another note and completely different sport. My brother was fortunate to bag 2 tickets to Wimbledon final today. 240 a piece. It’s moerofa difficult to get tickets in the first place and he works at Wimbledon every year. No freebies and you get tickets like anyone else through the website. Suffice to say he was very very lucky. 

anyhow, he reckons he can sell them for 15 grand. 15 grand. Damn. He said no. 

and the Alcatraz fellow today, my brother strung his racquets. 

20 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Trevor Francis RIP

In memory of the first £1m English Footballer. RIP Trevor Francis

1 hour ago, RoddieJ said:

In memory of the first £1m English Footballer. RIP Trevor Francis

See another ex forest player died in the states. Bart - Williams. Not a name I remember though.