Football

IceCreamMan

18 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Oh dear, my mate's golden retriever pup has more will and resilience.  Spurs went into the match with Champions League footie still a good prospect, yet Tottenham fans were dressed in the colours of Man City and wildly celebrating and doing the Poznan when another team scored against them?  A shameful display of  twisting stupidity into new forms of idiot origami.

Big Ange pre-match said "Tottenham supporters 100% want us to win".  Little wonder that he was so shattered and disappointed in the post-match interview.  "I just want to win and I want to be successful at this football club... so what other people feel and what their priorities are have zero interest in me.  Nah, I think the last 48 hours have revealed the foundations are pretty fragile."

Shades of Antonio Conte's words and opinion when he left.

image.jpeg.407a52a1ca9268d3f39e6ee7848ebd31.jpeg

Dealing with such extreme levels of cognitive dissonance from one's own fans can't be fun.

There will always be few huh...

Seen the Arsenal fans supporting Spurs yesterday? Not the same thing?

Well, there will always be a few... 

Anyways, Arsenal did have 38 chances to win the title.

Ange will get over it. He is a good man. I wish I could say the same about his coaching staff though. I might have lost confidence in his coaching staff, but the lads all over the park put in a decent shift last night. I think the scoreline flattered City tbh

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Oh dear, my mate's golden retriever pup has more will and resilience.  Spurs went into the match with Champions League footie still a good prospect, yet Tottenham fans were dressed in the colours of Man City and wildly celebrating and doing the Poznan when another team scored against them?  A shameful display of  twisting stupidity into new forms of idiot origami.

Big Ange pre-match said "Tottenham supporters 100% want us to win".  Little wonder that he was so shattered and disappointed in the post-match interview.  "I just want to win and I want to be successful at this football club... so what other people feel and what their priorities are have zero interest in me.  Nah, I think the last 48 hours have revealed the foundations are pretty fragile."

Shades of Antonio Conte's words and opinion when he left.

image.jpeg.407a52a1ca9268d3f39e6ee7848ebd31.jpeg

Dealing with such extreme levels of cognitive dissonance from one's own fans can't be fun.

Ange also said this, "I probably misread the situation as to what I think is important in your endeavour to become a winning team, but that's ok. That's why I'm here."

spurs defence was shaky, esp on the left hand side, walker was coming through time and time again, and this lil passing out from the back had me very nervous for em. Stop that rubbish. 

I would have preferred arsenal to win the league, and they might still. West Ham can be a tricky fixture for city. And given the 115 counts hanging over them which apparently will be finalised only in November puts the league titles won in the shade if they are found guilty. 

Haaland golden boot, and many still deride him for not doing much, even some learned pundits. Well, 27 and counting is nothing to sneeze at. The man appears out of nowhere and moves like a 4 foot gymnast not a 6foot 5 giant. Incredible athlete. 

FA has dealt with this poorly I reckon. But I don’t have a long term solution except maybe an accountant at every club keeping pulse on the finances. 

Man City goalkeeper, Ortega gets Man of the Match. Even though he was only on the pitch for about 20 minutes 

Says something about Spurs' performance last night.

Kyle Walker did get behind the backline a few times, but I don't believe he posed any serious threat.

I liked the defence set up for this game. I'd been calling for Dragusin to be added and MVdV moved to left, for a long time. This is only the 2nd match of this back four playing together, since Dragusin came on in the 2nd half against Burnley last time out. Given time, I think this will be the future back four for Spurs and they can flourish - if the coaching starts to work.

2 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Seen the Arsenal fans supporting Spurs yesterday? Not the same thing?

Eh?  Nah bra, we mostdef were not wishing and rooting for our team to LOSE.  If the tables were turned I'd absolutely want my team to beat Man City even if one consequence was that Spurs could win the league.  

2 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

There will always be few huh...

Spurs' Jamie o'Hara to Jeff Stelling on Talksport:  "I've spoken to a lot of Spurs fans, A LOT, and there's not been ONE fan that wants Tottenham to win tonight.  NOT ONE!"

image.gif.98e273e2bd102ceb4ff91934c37a4c9e.gif

The hatred is real.  Y'all make it clear that Arsenal live rent free in your heads.  The hatred is such that Arsenal now occupies Tottenham's soul, rent free.

Heeeee...  😁

Edited by justinafrika

24 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Eh?  Nah bra, we mostdef were not wishing and rooting for our team to LOSE.  If the tables were turned I'd absolutely want my team to beat Man City even if one consequence was that Spurs could win the league.  

Spurs' Jamie o'Hara to Jeff Stelling on Talksport:  "I've spoken to a lot of Spurs fans, A LOT, and there's not been ONE fan that wants Tottenham to win tonight.  NOT ONE!"

The hatred is real.  Y'all make it clear that Arsenal live rent free in your heads.  The hatred is such that Arsenal now occupies Tottenham's soul, rent free.

Heeeee...  😁

Talking of rent free.... YNWA!!! 

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

Heeeee...  😁

Lol, a LOT can be 100. Jamie O'Hara is not even like by the majority of Spurs fans!

I for one, definitely wanted us to beat City, if only to get the 3 points. We came close. 

When it comes to "rent free" it clearly works both ways.

I'm glad we can laugh about it. Fans DON'T win or lose games! I know it hurts, but it's just banter after all.

Like I said earlier, had Arsenal done their job against City and Villa, we wouldn't even be having this discussion....

3 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

Man City goalkeeper, Ortega gets Man of the Match. Even though he was only on the pitch for about 20 minutes 

Says something about Spurs' performance last night.

Kyle Walker did get behind the backline a few times, but I don't believe he posed any serious threat.

I liked the defence set up for this game. I'd been calling for Dragusin to be added and MVdV moved to left, for a long time. This is only the 2nd match of this back four playing together, since Dragusin came on in the 2nd half against Burnley last time out. Given time, I think this will be the future back four for Spurs and they can flourish - if the coaching starts to work.

Ahem, player of the match. 😂

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I would like to see West Ham score in the final minute of play to snatch a draw against City.

Then of course, Arsenal are going to have to beat Everton.

West Ham can be had at 21:1 for a win and 10:1 for a draw at the Etihad. 

Everton on the other hand, are 10:1 and 3:1 ate yhe Emirates...

But, as we all know, anything can happen in football 

I wonder if Chelsea fans still want Potchettino out....

Good win at Brighton tonight.

If Chelsea win against Brighton and Spurs slip up at Sheffield United, then Chelsea will finish in 5th. What a comeback.

7 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

I wonder if Chelsea fans still want Potchettino out....

Good win at Brighton tonight.

If Chelsea win against Brighton and Spurs slip up at Sheffield United, then Chelsea will finish in 5th. What a comeback.

I agree, Chelsea have kinda turned the season around a bit, still woefully under performing but signs are there that Poch might be turning things around. All dependent on palmer though and that is a worry I reckon. 

Very real possibility of conference league and they should walk that with chance of europa league too. 

roll on Sunday and may 25th. ( and of course may 26th) 

So, was thinking of looking into hospitality tickets for the championship promo final as I am unlikely to get tickets through the club. I am a member and been to numerous games over the years but still relatively low on the totem pole so doubt I will get a ticket via the club. 

well. Unless a miracle happens hi wiont be going. ( assuming we win tomorrow)

IMG_9610.png