Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barcelona must feel like they will be the 21st team of the Premier League.

Manchester United, then Liverpool and possibly Tottenham in the final

So you agree. Without var the result would of gone to citeh.

VAR is here to stay an will be used at all premiership games. It’s inevitable I spose they just have to make sure it’s slick.

Fans in stadium don’t see VAR by the way. For them it detracts from the game when delays run into minutes.

VAR or not... Overall I think that the decisions went the right way. And that was the reason everyone called for VAR in the first place...

Trust me, Spurs have also been on the receiving end of VAR decisions and have just got to accept and move on. I like Pep’s post match interview, accepting the result even if he called some decisions dubious...

VAR or not... Overall I think that the decisions went the right way. And that was the reason everyone called for VAR in the first place...

Trust me, Spurs have also been on the receiving end of VAR decisions and have just got to accept and move on. I like Pep’s post match interview, accepting the result even if he called some decisions dubious...

Yep.. the handball was inconclusive really, from one angle it looked like there was movement towards the ball but the other angle is didn't.. so no advice can really be made thus original decision should stand IMO .. Offside they have that line they use..and his foot was just offside ref doesn't need to go look for himself as the panel can see that and there is no interpretation of the offside rule..it would just waste time to go have a look at it.

There is a major change coming to the handball rule next season.

They should let the viewers know what they are looking at and they should he able to hear communication with the refs and the VAR panel IMO

How you feel about VAR is very much going to be influenced on whether it gives the decision you want or not. 

The Anfield Wrap, who have generally been quite dead set against it, even included it in their match ratings last night after it gave overturned an offside leading to a goal - 

Ref Bot: 10

Had a blinder, didn’t it? Kept its nerve when every other f****r had frazzled theirs and lashed them in the bin. Won’t have a word said against the little A.I. pervert.

I think the var is great.

You wont get these academy winning performances anymore. I was getting tired of seeing people fall over for no reason, it spoilt the flow of the game.

Also handball decisions can be reviewed proper like the denied penalty against ajax on tues. A diff angle showed the ball hitting the body and not the hand.

People wont like it in he moment and when it goes against. But similar to cricket years ago when the third umpire was introduced. Now there is even hawkeye prediction.

Barcelona must feel like they will be the 21st team of the Premier League.

Manchester United, then Liverpool and possibly Tottenham in the final

You seem confident they will make it to the finals.

I have always thought handball was open to interpretation by the ref... ball to hand, or hand to ball. The addition of VAR just gives the ref a second chance to see the same thing and then decide if it’s intentional or not. I’d be happy if handball is exactly that... if it touches the hand, whether intentional or not, it’s handball. No grey area.

I have always thought handball was open to interpretation by the ref... ball to hand, or hand to ball. The addition of VAR just gives the ref a second chance to see the same thing and then decide if it’s intentional or not. I’d be happy if handball is exactly that... if it touches the hand, whether intentional or not, it’s handball. No grey area.

Should be hand to ball and intent to interfere...that's how I uderstand it

The change for next season is it will be deemed handball if the limbs aren't in the silhouette of the body ..now whatever that means..but that is the wording they use... not sure to can jump without using your arms..but okay... suppose it will be clarified

Funny thing is, it will still not be be applied as simply as that....

Take for example in the case of a defender in his penalty box being a meter or so from a striker, who may or may not intentionally kick against the defenders arm or hand... Surely there is no way the defender intends a handball, and surely the striker should not gain the advantage.

VAR has the opportunity of making referees decisions fairly... Of course it isn’t perfect. There is no way a perfect solution can be sought, in which case it’s about making better/fairer decisions

Funny thing is, it will still not be be applied as simply as that....

Take for example in the case of a defender in his penalty box being a meter or so from a striker, who may or may not intentionally kick against the defenders arm or hand... Surely there is no way the defender intends a handball, and surely the striker should not gain the advantage.

VAR has the opportunity of making referees decisions fairly... Of course it isn’t perfect. There is no way a perfect solution can be sought, in which case it’s about making better/fairer decisions

Agree that VAR could assist, but the problem starts due to “intention to handle”, which leads to “interpretation” by the ref. That’s the grey area that needs something definitive.

Did the ball touch the hand?

Yes: hand ball

No: no hand ball

2-1 and won it at home in front of the fans..[emoji471]

Odd game, poor first half but turned it around and played much better in the second half..

Good day for the club, the also ladies won their second league title in a row (that's 2 from 2 )with the last game of their season today..

Anyhow.. love how ex players, current players and the men's management have been congratulating the women's team..

Think joint bus top celebration in the streets of Turin would just be great

Edited by Gen

8 titles in a row.... that’s just crushing. Europe needs a super league for the moneyed clubs. Let them do their thing and leave the rest of us to play in a competitive league.

It’s just crazy.

8 titles in a row.... that’s just crushing. Europe needs a super league for the moneyed clubs. Let them do their thing and leave the rest of us to play in a competitive league.

It’s just crazy.

Could have been longer streak had it not been for their relegation in the 2006 season. They lost a lot of good players, and had to rebuild. Took 6 years to get back to the top.