Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because he has in past seasons been one of their best players and players go through difficult times..this is his difficult time..

I personally think there are a lot of better keepers in Europe than him..but he has been important to United.

Indeed. Most dominant teams have strong keepers. Guys that take charge and rattle the defenders. United need that.

Indeed. Most dominant teams have strong keepers. Guys that take charge and rattle the defenders. United need that.

Lol..

Yeah.. a keepers job isn't just stopping shots.. keeper has a big job in organising his defense.

Something that Szczesny said about being no 2 to Buffon, how he learnt to talk, well scream at his defenders to organise them.

Keeper has the best view of what is going on on the field.

An interesting read:

Manchester City would top the Premier League if results were compiled since 2010

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1471476-manchester-city-would-top-the-premier-league-if-results-were-compiled-since-2010%3famp

Unless Burnley, Leicester, or Brighton can pull off the unlikeliest of upsets, Manchester City will be crowned Premier League champions in a fortnight's time.

Pep Guardiola's men are on the brink of becoming the first team to retain the title since Manchester United achieved the feat in 2009. That's testament to just how competitive the top flight has been over the last decade. It's also a signal of how City have started to dominate English football since Sheikh Mansour's takeover.

If the reigning champions do edge out Liverpool, it will be their fourth title in seven years under three different managers. The fortunes of the rest of the top six have been a lot more up-and-down, which begs the question of how a Premier League table would look if all the results from 2010 onwards were compiled.

And it certainly makes interesting reading:

https://twitter.com/1xbet_eng/status/1121823769205649408?s=21

It's to be expected that City have eclipsed United, but the Red Devils would still be in a healthy second. Not only do they benefit from the last three years of Sir Alex Ferguson's reign, they also managed to come second once under Jose Mourinho.

City lead the way by quite some margin, taking 64 points more than their nearest rivals. Neither Tottenham nor Liverpool would make the top four in the table, bearing the brunt of the earlier part of the decade.

Of course, prior to Mauricio Pochettino's arrival Spurs had only reached the Champions League once, back in 2010. It serves as a reminder too, of just how monumental a job Jurgen Klopp has done at Anfield given some of the more mediocre years on Merseyside that preceded him.

What's also striking is that there are no surprises in there. This season, the gap between England's top six and the rest of the Premier League has proven wider than ever, Wolves one of the very few teams to cause them any trouble in the current campaign.

It ultimately makes pleasant reading for City fans who can look back on a phenomenal period in the club's history.

Sterling voted FWA player of the season.. got to admit I see why..he has been absolutely incredible.

Sterling voted FWA player of the season.. got to admit I see why..he has been absolutely incredible.

PFA young player of the year too

Van dijk won PFA players player of the year

PFA young player of the year too

Van dijk won PFA players player of the year

That young player of the year award should be revamped .. Sterling has been around for some time already

Fun fact, Van Dijk voted for Sterling in the PFA awards.

Youngsters playing a great game

As they have every time I have seen them play..just a joy to watch.

Felt spurs were getting back into it towards the end. Sets up a good second half I hope

Yep going over the midfield and going wide.. that Ajax midfield is dangerous..can't go through it.

Much better second half from Spurs...they will be happy to have Son back for the next game..he was really missed today.

Those Ajax boys seem to be a very complete team, defense is solid as a rock, midfield incredibly strong, attack just lovely.. and let's give a shout out to the goalie....very confident.

Next week Kane an Son back. Missed firevpower tonight. Dele was insipid.

Poch said he Kane would miss both legs?