Ali Express

Brett Pearce

HI guys, 

Has anyone bought bike products from Ali Express? Was it a good experience? Obviously the prices seem good but I guess you dont know what the quality will be like. How do you work out what the import duty will be?

Let me know you experiences or advice :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many have bought there, quality generally good... don't buy if you are in a rush for something as the majority of parcels are sent EMS which gets lost in SAPO/Customs for weeks.  I generally work on 2 months from ordering to being delivered.

Also do a search her of alixpress and also custom duties, there are many thready on them.

Bought a lot on there. Mostly you pay R26 duty at SAPO. Things take ages to arrive. Sometimes up to 4 months. There are a lot of good things there. Also some stuff not worth it. I try buy local if the price is not much more. What are you thinking of buying.

Currently waiting for 6 parcels that is stuck in the black hole that is JHB customs. Waiting weeks now, no movement.

You now also require an importers code if you order more than 3 parcels a

Year

Depends on the value of the parcels

Currently waiting for 6 parcels that is stuck in the black hole that is JHB customs. Waiting weeks now, no movement.

Me too

Hope to receive before 2020..

You now also require an importers code if you order more than 3 parcels a

Year

So what happens if you order more than three parcels and don't have such code?

Never had such a problem.

If they are small items that come through the Post office, then that doesn't really apply. It's for the bigger items that you have to fill in a whole customs declaration and show proof of the item cost etc. Anything that comes via a courier will fall into that category as they are also generally higher value items.

Customs are really clamping down on things at the moment and are checking all the things coming in,guess they are looking at making more money to steal.

In my experience the items take a week to land in SA and then you wait so long for them to be cleared/delivered by SAPO that its like getting an unexpected gift when it does arrive.

Yeah I also like the gift aspect! I order some stuff and by the time it arrives I have completely forgotten what it is. Got a few cycling tops a month or so back and when it's Christmas time I will wonder what on earth made me pick these gaudy patterns! 

Waiting for 5 parcels, no movement for months. It's a head ache to say the least. 

Rather do drop shipment if you are in a hurry for the parcel. I will never order from Aliexpress again with our useless SAPO in charge

Archived