VERY Noisy Tacx IDT

mecheng89

Good evening folks,

Even though spring is upon us, I'm not in too much of a hurry to put my IDT away. I've grown more concerned about the sheer amount of noise my specific Genius Smart trainer generates. 

I've read on a few forums now about the "Superglue" and "Epoxy Fix".

Simply put, the Superglue fix requires one placing small dots of said glue on the 12 "tractor holes" (like you get on dot-matrix printer paper) you find on the metal sleeve on the roller and leaving to dry. 

The epoxy fix requires one to drill these holes out completely (the roller is made from PU) with a 4mm bit, and refill the holes with epoxy resin, clean thoroughly and leave to dry for 24 hours. 

All these fixes claim a significant reduction in noise. 

Any Tacx users out there who has tried either of these two methods with success?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Haven't tried it but I did see another fix where you can use screws.  The screws won't interfere as they are on the edge of the roller.  

Superglue works 200% on my Tacx Bushido. I also added some to the side if the silver band and not just to the little spots