Giant Durbanville - Ridiculously good service

Edge_Design

I don't want to go into all of the details too much as they are largely irrelevant, but really wanted to acknowledge the absolutely incredible service from Ruan at Giant in Durbanville. If I had a way of persuading 10 people to walk in there today and buy new bikes from them I absolutely would.

The abbreviated version of the story:

• On the weekend I had an issue with a bike I bought from them a year ago
  • The issue was directly related to the way the bike had been assembled originally (something I hadn't noticed until it finally broke)
  • I sent Ruan a note about the issues I had with the bike, but at the same time I ordered replacement parts online as I didn't actually expect anything from them in return - I was merely letting him know my frustration. Unfortunately they are a bit far from my work for me to go there regularly.
  • He phoned me as soon as he read the message on Monday (called twice and responded in writing as I didn't answer straight away) and virtually demanded to collect the bike on Tuesday morning from my office to fix the problem himself
  • He arrived at my office (Southern Suburbs so quite far from the shop) at 8.15 the next morning and delivered the bike back to me at 15:45 on the same day with not only the damaged parts replaced with brand new parts, but also a full service that he wouldn't charge me for even when I repeatedly offered (brake pads, pivot bearings, wheels trued etc).
  • There were even more "gifts" included in return for other issues I had previously had with the bike that weren't necessarily their fault 

Although I'm sure they're not in the business of handing out free stuff to every client, I don't think I have ever come across someone who would go to such an extent to remedy some frustration on the side of a single client.

I thought I had to share this in the small hope that I can get some more business into their store - they definitely deserve it. They are on the hub so anyone in the market for a Giant please PM Giant Durbanville  :thumbup:

* Just to be 100% clear as I know this post sounds like a marketing message - beyond buying this bike (a Reign Advanced) from them i have absolutely no personal connection to the store or brand.

I don't get there very often either also being in the south, but my few experiences instore have always been pleasant.

I've only been there a few times, and their staff have been very helpful. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff I didn't really need at the time as I felt compelled to support their good service. It's not always that you find knowledgeable sales people. Now if only Giant made a bicycle that I want.

I've only been there a few times, and their staff have been very helpful. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff I didn't really need at the time as I felt compelled to support their good service. It's not always that you find knowledgeable sales people. Now if only Giant made a bicycle that I want.

they do already. Just go ride one :)

I have to add to this. Recently had a bearing service (bb ect) done at Giant Durbanville, and the service was exceptional! I’ve had shocking service from other shops in Durbanville, but these guys were top, top notch. Well done.

It is always difficult for me to walk out of a shop that has great service sometimes I just buy something I don't really need. But I have been in shops planning on spending quite a bit of money and ended up just walking out for lack of service.

good service threads don't get the mileage they deserve

Think we can find a way to keep this going till Friday?  Imagine that a positive Friday Thread

It is always difficult for me to walk out of a shop that has great service sometimes I just buy something I don't really need. But I have been in shops planning on spending quite a bit of money and ended up just walking out for lack of service.

I will definitely find an excuse to buy something there soon (they gave me everything on my current shopping list which makes it more challenging!). I really appreciate the feedback from other clients of theirs as I hope this thread can drive some business to a shop that I felt really deserves it.

They also happen (coincidentally) to be sponsoring the Enduro series in the Western Cape which I have been a participant in so I guess that's another big plus for me.

Think we can find a way to keep this going till Friday?  Imagine that a positive Friday Thread

Just because it's Friday I'm going to send this to the top of the list one last time!

I have to jump in on this as well, Giant durbanville really has got a good thing going! They recently helped me with a bike sale, looking my bike over and sending it off to a lady in Bloemfontein. Big ups to Leon and his team.

Ruan is a rock star - used to be at the bike shop at The River Club - then emigrated to the northern suburbs- huge loss to the South - and just too far to take my bike to him - but the nicest guy and a superbly solid mechanic and salesman. 

Great to know, i am out of good bike shops in my region, been dissapointed more than once by each one.

Might make the trip an try them out, even though i dont ride a giant, atleast my wife does.

Friend, with a Giant, also raves about their good service.

Nice coffee shop next door.

Decent parking.

I have popped in just to check it out .... seems like a nice place.  And by the sounds of it, good people as well

Maybe I should pay them a visit to hopefully finally find a shop willing to organise a demo bike for a friend who wants to start off in the sport...

Send them a PM - I would guess there's a good chance they might help (I couldn't get a demo Reign when I bought mine but I guess it is a less common model).

Archived