International parcels good news - we hope!

Psyrax

So yea order of 21 Nov shipped from China via my NY AGS dropbox was delivered yesterday  :clap:

Beating out SAPO that still has one of my original orders of 9 Jul somewhere  :thumbdown:

That speaks volumes about the inefficiency of SAPO I think

Cape Town, South Africa 12/11/2018 07:24 Shipment Forwarded to Beyond/Remote Area Sorting Location

Johannesburg, South Africa 12/10/2018 11:11 Shipment Update - shipment sent to disapatch bay

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa 12/07/2018 15:12 Departed Operations facility – In Transit

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa 12/07/2018 14:42 Under processing at operations facility

Johannesburg, South Africa 12/07/2018 12:37 Cleared from Customs    

New York, United States 12/05/2018 18:47 Departed Operations facility – In Transit

New York, United States 12/03/2018 19:52 Received at Origin Facility

New York, United States 12/03/2018 19:52 Record Created

Trying the AGS service.

Bought item off Ebay 24 Dec.

Shipped to the London dropbox last week.

Now waiting for notification

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying the AGS service.

Bought item off Ebay 24 Dec.

Shipped to the London dropbox last week.

Now waiting for notification

I have an issue now where I shipped to the Thailand AGS address and the tracking number shows it was delivered there on 7 December 2018, but it is not still not showing up on my AGS profile. I cannot talk to the Thailand branch directly, need to work through the local agents. For the past month they kept on saying that the parcel was not received by their agents. Eventually they mention that it definitely didn't arrive at their Shanghai branch, and immediately I lose it, a month wasted because the local agent was talking to the wrong branch. So they sent a new request now to the correct branch, let's see what comes of it. Some AGS also has its issues.

Certainly looking like post-office is getting back to normal service. All my packages bar one (the oldest) have been delivered. I've even received SMS messages requesting collection when the parcel arrived at the local Post Office.

Have 2 parcels sitting at WITSPOS since 19 December 2018, no movement since, have emailed customer services as yet no reply!!

Have one parcel that landed in SA on the 23rd Oct. 29 Dec there was a new record of it at customs but still not available... Any day now.

Bit off topic, but I bought a part from the USA, that has failed and need to send it back to the Sates for Warranty. Any help on what service will be the most affordable?

Check out EMS with the Post Office. Other courier services are really expensive

Got parcel no 2, from the UK. 4 months. Now still waiting for no 3. Who knows, I gave up on no. 2.

Ag nee, was starting to look forward to my Chain Reaction order from 3 weeks back .. reading this tells me to only expect the goods next year!

Dave,

I have  the post office paper to get your parcel. Delivered to my address. Did some Googling and I think the parts are yours. Contact me, I sent you a Facebook message with my details.

Jon

Got parcel no 3 from the UK. Exactly 14 weeks. But all intact, so I suppose it will serve as a late Christmas present.   :)

• 5 months later...

17Track shows my latest purchase as "Held by Customs". Is this a default description? Do I just wait and see?

• 1 month later...

Live in hope, die is despair?

Doesn't seem to make much difference if they are on a Go Slow or Strike or not.

I've got 6 parcels in the mix (business). My work-around now when ordering from China is to ship to the US, consolidate there and ship to SA with Fedex.

I am interested to know how this works with customs? Faster/slower than the likes of Aramex, who struggles to clear packages under two weeks. Which freight forwarder fo you use?

Disappointing recently. Takes to weeks to get stuff through customs!

Also been disappointed by them recently.

FeDex(From USA) and Buffalo(From China) have been good to me recently, had the stuff delivered to my workplace within 7 days of placing order.