Main Road, Diep River cycling accident

G.S.W

Any news on the cyclist involved in an accident early this morning on Main Road, Diep River.

I truly hope he's O.K 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On our cycling chat group a guy posted a message saying 2 cyclists involved, 1 deceased.

I prefer to wait for an official police statement or something.

Right outside the Three Arts. Fatality confirmed, unfortunately. Let's wait for the family to be notified before we add the details. So sad to see.

So my buddy in our group is a PPA Marshall and received this.

Driver on MV fell asleep behind the wheel, veered across the road and went head on into a group of 5 cyclists this morning at 5:30am. 3 hospitalised, 1 fatality confirmed.

Morning guys, cycled past the accident scene this morning and my heart went out to the family of the fallen cyclist laying in the road.

Started to chat to another cyclist who also stopped at the scene and got talking about how we don't give it a second thought that when we go out in the morning we might not return to our love one's.

Life is short, enjoy what you do and who you do it with and always be grateful.

'Their but for the grace of God go I'

So my buddy in our group is a PPA Marshall and received this.

Driver on MV fell asleep behind the wheel, veered across the road and went head on into a group of 5 cyclists this morning at 5:30am. 3 hospitalised, 1 fatality confirmed.

RIP cyclist!!

Cannot believe it!! I hope the police tested his blood for booze!!!

Heard team out on DC training ride.Car drove into bunch,claiming fell asleep at wheel.

One dead and another been operated on later.condolences to families and strength to everyone involved.

A buddy was at the scene in Plumstead, the car had substantial damage, driver must have been traveling. He left when family arrived on scene. RIP.

Driver left or was arrested?

Perhaps referring to the buddy who left. (not driver)

So sad.!

Prayers with all involved.

Archived