ESI Extra Chunky Lock On Equivalent?

duanelr

Hi there,

any suggestions for lock on grips that are equivalent to the red ESI extra chunky silicone grips? 

I like the ESI grips but find it such a mission to put on / take off. (even with all the tricks on the web)

I switch grips often depending on the ride. 

Thanks. 

Hi there,

any suggestions for lock on grips that are equivalent to the red ESI extra chunky silicone grips? 

I like the ESI grips but find it such a mission to put on / take off. (even with all the tricks on the web)

I switch grips often depending on the ride. 

Thanks. 

Red Monkey Grips. I like them more than ESI grips.

https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/redmonkey/products/redmonkey-grip-silicone-klampz-lock-on

If you're looking for extra chunky, read up on Odi rogue. I just imported two sets (they're expensive) but find them to be a slight bit too chunky. Wish they were a bit thinner, everything else is amazing about these grips.

A little off topic but is it best to get good grips and cheap gloves....or cheap grips and quality gloves? Currently I can only afford one or the other.

I went from Chunky's to ODI Rogues. Love them, especially when things get wet or muddy. If you're not concerned about the weight penalty that is..

Also a thread hijack but I have been wondering, is there a difference in silicon grips from the various brands or are we paying for the name?

I have a set of ESI Chunkies that have lasted me 4 years and still going strong. I put silicon grips on both my kids bikes, balance and 16 inch, that get dropped on the end of their bars all the time (as kids do) and I was gatvol of replacing rubber grips all the time. I bought the Ryder silicon grips for both, and they are also going strong.

Archived