CatzSpace "frail"

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to sleep before posting.

Day 1 Report

Rookie mistake, arranged a lift into Town, to save the Legs. I go and forget something at home. I had to make a detour.

Going Up the first of the 3 Climbs for the day. Temperature was soaring between 35 / 39. The wind was Fair. Seeing Du Toit's kloof mountain range had a bush Fire that was burning since. Midnight.

Going Up the Second climb for the day, "Hex river pass" it took everything out of me to climb that 6km in one Hour.

Approaching the last climb I started to get a head wind. My body was still in recovering.

It took me over 40km to recuperate and keep an average above 20km speed.

After each Pitstop my legs recovered and I was Able to push, really Fly. Hitting high speeds at one stage even 72km.

Bike handled very nicely, ready for Day 2

post-91605-0-53263300-1542009948_thumb.jpg

Edited by F.R.A.I.L. -K

Amazing stuff - 17.5 hours on day 1 and you got up to go again the next day. Serious mental strength! 

Is your watch not set to show your HR as a percentage of max? Just see the % sign next to it so assume it's not showing the actual HR. 53% might make sense after 4km of riding. The 01 probably indicates you're in "zone 1" which also fits with that guess... I haven't used Polar in many years so lots of guesswork here.

Good luck!

Edited by Edge_Design