Shimano XTR 1x12 Upgrade Kit

JohanDiv

I have not seen any South African stores selling the XTR 1x12 upgrade kit yet.

Anybody know where I can find it? And the price it will go for in South Africa?

I can get the upgrade kit for R9950 online, but then it takes about 2 months to get here. Not sure how much import duties will be on this. With DHL R11 000, and then I have an early Christmas present to myself  :D

Is this a good price?

The upgrade kit includes the XTR M9100 Rear Derailleur, 10-51T Cassette and chain, and XTR shifter.

The new XTR is as rare as hens teeth. Some Shimano sponsored riders still haven't received theirs. Guess you'll have to be patient. 

I can get the upgrade kit for R9950 online, but then it takes about 2 months to get here. Not sure how much import duties will be on this. With DHL R11 000, and then I have an early Christmas present to myself  :D

Is this a good price?

The upgrade kit includes the XTR M9100 Rear Derailleur, 10-51T Cassette and chain, and XTR shifter.

and the new hub?

Is this a good price?

Do you have a microspline free hub?

Joh!! Almost bought a kat in die sak here! Totally slipped my mind that you need that new micro spline hub for the upgrade!

Dankie manne!

Joh!! Almost bought a kat in die sak here! Totally slipped my mind that you need that new micro spline hub for the upgrade!

Dankie manne!

fokus ouboet  :clap:

And as far as you know they only make the micro spline body for dt swiss hubs so if you have any other hub you stuffed

I’m sure the other hub manufacturers will come n board but it will take a while

Dankie manne!

Ze Germans are usually good with stocking these rare bits:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=7&menu=1000%2C2%2C98&__qf_form-filter=&pgc%5B6616%5D%5B6618%5D=1&pgc%5B18407%5D=24312

But that doesn't solve your problem of ordering overseas.

Although there must be ways of getting the goods here quicker than 2 months...

Ze Germans are usually good with stocking these rare bits:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=7&menu=1000%2C2%2C98&__qf_form-filter=&pgc%5B6616%5D%5B6618%5D=1&pgc%5B18407%5D=24312

But that doesn't solve your problem of ordering overseas.

Although there must be ways of getting the goods here quicker than 2 months...

This if you are lucky enough to have a compatible hub

https://www.bike24.com/p2295790.html

Is this a good price?

Price does sound great considering it is brand new.  Just remember to add your 16.5% contribution to the Fiscus.

And as far as you know they only make the micro spline body for dt swiss hubs so if you have any other hub you stuffed

I’m sure the other hub manufacturers will come n board but it will take a while

Industry Nine do micro spline 

GX  DOES NOT  compete with XTR 

I wouldn't know, campy on my road bike and xx1 on mtb but it does seem an upgrade from 1 x 11 :devil: and at least its available - with shipping, hub costs etc of the fishing stuff you are probably looking at XO anyway 

I wouldn't know, campy on my road bike and xx1 on mtb but it does seem an upgrade from 1 x 11 :devil: and at least its available - with shipping, hub costs etc of the fishing stuff you are probably looking at XO anyway 

blindfolded I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an 

NX derailer and Gx shifter vs. full XX setup ( they all feel very much the same ) 

Shimano are still  trying ( and failing ) to bring up the rear , but their products have always been flawless 

ride what ever you want peeps 

Archived