Insurance offering vouchers instead of cash settlement

Chingy182

When you get this sorted contact me and I will put you in contact with my broker.

I have never had any issues it's completely painless.

Wife bumped her car 1 call all sorted fixed the works never needed to go for quotes they arranged everything car was picked up at her work another car left for her and brought back when it was done.

My washing machine went kaboom got paid out in 3 days got a new 1.

There might be little cheaper insurance but I have no access and no issues.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my bike stolen about three months ago. I got paid cash less excess.

This after we had agreed on a quote for a new bike, based on the spec of the old one.

I had my bike stolen about three months ago. I got paid cash less excess.

This after we had agreed on a quote for a new bike, based on the spec of the old one.

Who are you insured with?

There is definitely things changing in the insurance world at the moment.

Was in my lbs today and they were busy trying to help a customer who had crashed his Mtb and cracked top tube.

Insurance company said they would not replace or pay out but would have it repaired for him.

Santam nogal

Tell them to ****off. Settle this issue, and then switch to someone else.

It doesnt matter if you use the cash to buy somethong else, that is none of their business. They must put you in the same financial position as before your loss. Hate these skelms.

Did this to a certain company years back when the wife accidentally spilled a glass of wine all over her 40k (at the time) laptop. They gave her so much crap even though they had no leg to stand on. After a month of fighting and sending out technicians to tell us what i already knew and in the meantime sitting without private computers to get work done (we both architects), they paid out....and we literally cancelled the policy the NEXT day. These criminals sometimes forget they are a business and not a cartel if you ask me...

I’m with you on this.

What really gets my blood boiling is when the insurance industry is actively involved in fraud ( even here on the hub)

But treat clients like they are criminals

I’m with you on this.

What really gets my blood boiling is when the insurance industry is actively involved in fraud ( even here on the hub)

But treat clients like they are criminals

Please post the link to these

Hypothetically

If a client is involved in a crash.

Bike is classed as written off and he gets paid out.

Insurance collects bike.

Repairs frame

Then sells on hub in classifieds.

Is that fraud?

Just asking

Hypothetically

Insurance collects bike.

Repairs frame

Is that fraud?

Just asking

No, it's not. The broken bike has been replaced and they now own the old one so they can do with it as they please. Just like cars written off are sold as scrap etc.

Hypothetically

Insurance collects bike.

Repairs frame

Is that fraud?

Just asking

Hence me asking for examples. I'd say, the fraud is where the bike shop states the bike is a write off (either cause they believe they'll get the job to replace, or the client asking for this as he wants a new bike) but it is actually repairable. Non motor salvage is not a major money spinner in the industry

No, it's not. The broken bike has been replaced and they now own the old one so they can do with it as they please. Just like cars written off are sold as scrap etc.

Hypothetically

Insurance collects bike.

Repairs frame

Is that fraud?

Just asking

'n Versekeraar is soos 'n screensaver... Die prentjie verander onmiddellk as die k@k die fan strike!  :clap: beste sig wat ek in n lang tyd raak gelees het.

Just to make myself clear there is no indication in advert that bike has been repaired so poor soul who purchases it has no idea of its history

To me that is the fraud part

Just to make myself clear there is no indication in advert that bike has been repaired so poor soul who purchases it has no idea of its history

To me that is the fraud part

Why would the insurance company pay R100k to replace a frame, take the frame, repair it for R25k, then sell it for R50k and still be R50k out of pocket? Does not make sense?

Why would the insurance company pay R100k to replace a frame, take the frame, repair it for R25k, then sell it for R50k and still be R50k out of pocket? Does not make sense?

because they already made their 100k from investing your premium every month over the past few years...the 50k is just pocket money

Not insurance companies but brokers.

Your numbers are a bit out.

Yes insurance company pays out for bike.

Broker collects and claims bike( sometimes for free since on his advice it written off)

Repairs frame for 4K

Sells for 35K

Archived