Car passenger filmed firing rocket at cyclist

splat

So this is a thing:

https://www.facebook.com/nick.surty/videos/10155865110731966/?t=3

Footage of a car passenger firing a rocket at a cyclist has gone viral on social media and has also been picked up by the mainstream press.

Metro reports that there is no news of whether the cyclist was injured, but adds that the video originally seems to have been posted to Facebook by a user from Hampshire who captioned the post "Bloody good shot, sir."

Cycling author and journalist Carlton Reid, meanwhile, makes a very good point about how some elements of the media are covering the incident.

jislaaikit. is this local?

rhd car 

UK

Edit: Subsequently, also the question that they asked the cyclist when they passed him.

UK

Edit: Subsequently, also the question that they asked the cyclist when they passed him.

Bwhahahahahaaaaa. That is *** funny. Very sharp

Years ago I was shot by a paintball gun from a car going op Krugersdorp Hill - I had a slight panic at first as I heard the shot, felt the pain and then had RED stuff all over my hand... it took a split second to put things together and by that time the car with laughing youngsters was out of sight!

I wonder if it was inspired by this event:
(search terms were "cyclist firing rockets at scooter", no specific uploader indicated)

Archived