(Cancelled) 2018 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Slowbee

Hi All, its time for the ride of the YEAR!

Yes that time of the year is fast approaching. And this year we go back to our roots, so to speak.

Please remember this is an event for everyone, Mom and or Dad and or the kids and or any other family with any variety of combination in between.

The route will be a majestic ride from the Seapoint Virgin Active, and head out to Camps Bay Vida along the shore, order a coffee, have a chat, hand over the toys to the charity. Then go home.

The charity this year, as nominated by Mrs Wannabe:

Christine Revell Childrens Home
Address
Huntley Street (off Wallis St)
Athlone
Cape Town
South Africa
Telephone
Home: +27 (0)21 697 1748
Social Worker:
+27 (0)21- 697 5579
Fax: +27 (0)86 553 9220
Email: crevell@iafrica.com

The reason for this charity is they are a small place and a few gifts can go a long way. The children are from age 0 to 5. So the real little people. In talking to them, educational toys are high on the agenda. But when they email me back I will update the post.

So the details:

When: Sat 8 Dec 2018

What time: 08H30

Start: Virgin Active, Seapoint

Finish: End point Camps Bay Vida

Just want to say again, the distance in total is about 5km if that. If you want a face paced ride, bring a friend and do a face paced ride pre or post the event.

Oh and Hairy will be joining us this year.

Previous versions:

Brilliant. Thanks Slowbee. 

Come on Hubbers, this is a great iniative. Open up your hearts and wallets for the little tikes who are in a position not of their doing.

Kief.

Just a heads up : it's CT7s weekend, so parking around the stadium is going to be a rumor. I reckon I'll have Wifey drop me in the city bowl and drive around to Camps Bay and meet us there. Or camp in Camps Bay, and ride to Sea Point and back.

Come on guys, where is your spirit of giving?

As said, take the slow ride out to Camps Bay, drink a coffee while spreading some cheer to the less fortunate, thereafter you can go on with your extended/long training ride for the day.

I might even pedal in from Durbanville with a stuffed toy or two strapped to my back and bike.....

Come on guys, where is your spirit of giving?

As said, take the slow ride out to Camps Bay, drink a coffee while spreading some cheer to the less fortunate, thereafter you can go on with your extended/long training ride for the day.

I might even pedal in from Durbanville with a stuffed toy or two strapped to my back and bike.....

I  want to join you when you riding from there Wannabe

This is such a cool initiative for a good cause.  I really do hope there is  lot of joiners this year.

Always a treat to see the little ones enjoying the outing.  ;)

Morning Guys and Gals.

I just want to remind you of this event. It is a good cause, and you will be helping out and spread cheer to some of the most deserving kids out there.

Jip, must say I'm disappointed in the response so far.

Come on guys and gals, this is for a good cause, and will be a great morning out on the bike.