Stolen Specialized Camber Comp 29er @Originsoftrails

paulmic

Hi all, please can you keep a lookup for a black and green Specialized Camber Comp 29er trail bike. Stolen off my secured bike rack in the parking area at the Origin of Trails event today.

Crazy, they even have security patrols, these thieves are taking chances! I also saw lots of bikes on bike racks, make sure you lock them in your car or maybe remove the front wheel. My bike is the black and green one: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/camber-comp-29/p/106503

Sorry for your loss bud, really hope it's recovered.

On a side note, I'm absolutely mind blown by the number of bikes tied to racks in the parking and the bikes left unattended at the finish area, with a fully functional bike park system just there. Use it or loose it.

This is skelmbosch, the most known bike theft area in SA. Use bike park or go home immediately.

it remains a perfect way to end the season, and get a "free" replacement without incurring major cossts, IF the insurance was in place......not in reference to the honourable OP

Sorry to hear, I always keep my bike with me and only load it up when I'm leaving. Remember at the stellenbosch mtb challenge the guy who stole a bike had kit on so security won't even notice

Sorry for your loss man.

When I was walking to my car when we left for home, I was actually shocked/suprised to see how many guys left their bikes hanging off a bike rack on their cars.

I can't even go to the loo without sticking my head out the toilet every 5 sec to check up on my bike.

My faith in humanity is at zero. Security guard to me is a potential thief with a badge and permission to wander around my car.

Hi all, please can you keep a lookup for a black and green Specialized Camber Comp 29er trail bike. Stolen off my secured bike rack in the parking area at the Origin of Trails event today.

Crazy, they even have security patrols, these thieves are taking chances! I also saw lots of bikes on bike racks, make sure you lock them in your car or maybe remove the front wheel. My bike is the black and green one: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/camber-comp-29/p/106503

No such thing as a bike secured on a bike rack on SA, especially Steellies.

Well Moridin, I'm clearly learning out the hard way. I don't exactly read these forums often and didn't know the situation in Stellies, the police enlightened me how bad it actually is during these events...

Well Moridin, I'm clearly learning out the hard way. I don't exactly read these forums often and didn't know the situation in Stellies, the police enlightened me how bad it actually is during these events...

Let me put it this way: I never ever leave my bike out of my sight. Helps if you have a son or wife to look after your bike while you have to go to the porta-loo at a race. Last year a lady's new Giant got stolen at a race when she left the bike against the loo while she was in the loo.

We have some of the best trails in this country and definitely the worst thieves. You must remember as good as you are in your job he is in steeling cause that's his job turn your back for a second and it's gone and no lock or security guard will stop him only make it harder for him.

it remains a perfect way to end the season, and get a "free" replacement without incurring major cossts, IF the insurance was in place......not in reference to the honourable OP

Really?

insurers reckon half of all claims are frauds

OK but jumping to conclusions without proof and insinuating OP is committing fraud is just a dick-move.

OK but jumping to conclusions without proof and insinuating OP is committing fraud is just a dick-move.

Saw all the nice Thule racks on the back of cars parked there by the Gym this morning and made a comment to my daughter about the thieving at events.

My car was stolen during O of T 3 years ago. Although not from event area. *** feeling, coming back to where you left your car/bike and finding an empty spot.

Sorry OP.