• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In heaven Uni will be the chef :)

but then that would be hell for me  :(

if I make it to heaven I better be waited on hand and foot or I want a refund

Gordon Ramsay, notorious 'disliker' of all things vegan, is joining Veganuary at one of his restaurants.

View this post on Instagram

Oh lord it's happened.....we're giving #veganuary a go this year ! @breadstkitchen #beetwellington

A post shared by Gordon Ramsay (@gordongram) on

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:50am PST
Has to cash in on the latest trend[emoji6] Edited by Gen

MExican is VERY easy to make Vegan.

We eat mexican inspired dishes at least three times a week at home.

Thai is another good option - just be wary of pastes made using shrimp paste.

Most ethical food shops will have vegan pastes. Its worth the investment as a little goes a long way.

MExican is VERY easy to make Vegan.

We eat mexican inspired dishes at least three times a week at home.

Thai is another good option - just be wary of pastes made using shrimp paste.

Most ethical food shops will have vegan pastes. Its worth the investment as a little goes a long way.

We do a lot of wraps/tortillas. Saucy fillings are super easy to make out of legumes etc.

We do a lot of wraps/tortillas. Saucy fillings are super easy to make out of legumes etc.

Nita made a Quesadilla yesterday.

Roasted and spiced veggies and instead of cheese she used a slow roasted eggplant that she mashed up. 

So darn good.

Roasted and spiced veggies and instead of cheese she used a slow roasted eggplant that she mashed up.

So darn good.

Nice! Try some molten vegan cheese on top. It has to be molten though - cold vegan cheese is shyte!

So darn good.

The eggplant cheese trick is a clever idea, I'm going to remember that one.

I've noticed there's always some very innovative and interesting food hacks with good vegan food, it's so good for you and so deliciously interesting to eat.

Tried some aubergine abomination last night and I cried myself to sleep. Suppose not all attempts can be winners.

God I hate eggplant!

Tonight’s meal.

Corn tortilla with roasted eggplant, kumara(a NZ sweet potato), capsicum, courgette and corn. All spiced with Mexican spices like cumin, paprika etc.

Topped off with a fresh salsa (I personally grew this tomatoes and coriander) and a fresh guacamole.

Sitting next to it is a special edition bottle of Trinidad scorpion and pineapple hot sauce made by my favourite hot sauce company “Culley’s”

Totally vegan and totally yum.

post-18409-1547010888915.jpg

Tried some aubergine abomination last night and I cried myself to sleep. Suppose not all attempts can be winners.

God I hate eggplant!

Lol... the detail is in the pre-preparation of eggplant....if you don't do it right it tastes awful.

I would tell you how to do it just right..but I never really paid attention to how my dad did it (i know it was a moerse long process) would have to check with my eldest brother.. he is the only one that knows "daddy's way"..

Edited by Gen

Lol... the detail is in the pre-preparation of eggplant....if you don't do it right it tastes awful.

I would tell you how to do it just right..but I never really paid attention to how my dad did it (i know it was a moerse long process) would have to check with my eldest brother.. he is the only one that knows "daddy's way"..

2 ways. Roasted or griddled. 

Roasted turns out soft and mushy, and is great for mash / cheese sub once you scoop out the flesh from the outer casing. Add any spices to it that you want. 

Griddled - cut lengthways, in about 5mm strips (no larger) and then lightly coated with olive oil, salt & pepper, then either on the braai or on a griddle pan until it's done. 

EDIT: Another way I just remembered. Cubed, tossed in olive oil and then lightly fried. Add to a bolognaise / stew to thicken it up, or at the end of a cook to add a crispy component. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

2 ways. Roasted or griddled. 

Roasted turns out soft and mushy, and is great for mash / cheese sub once you scoop out the flesh from the outer casing. Add any spices to it that you want. 

Griddled - cut lengthways, in about 5mm strips (no larger) and then lightly coated with olive oil, salt & pepper, then either on the braai or on a griddle pan until it's done. 

EDIT: Another way I just remembered. Cubed, tossed in olive oil and then lightly fried. Add to a bolognaise / stew to thicken it up, or at the end of a cook to add a crispy component. 

The man knows how to cook an aubergine (I don't say eggplant, because I'm fancy like that).  :thumbup: