Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Took my Aggressor F and R equipped bike for its first  proper ride at Tokai yesterday. No issues either with the casing out back or overall grip despite a bit of moisture about. The back tyre handled corners better than my prone to burping Butcher. I'm looking forward to getting some more trail time as summer kicks in...

Took my Aggressor F and R equipped bike for its first  proper ride at Tokai yesterday. No issues either with the casing out back or overall grip despite a bit of moisture about. The back tyre handled corners better than my prone to burping Butcher. I'm looking forward to getting some more trail time as summer kicks in...

I've also been toying with the idea of throwing it on my front wheel.

My Trail Boss is tired and I don't 'shred the gnar' hard enough to warrant something with mahooosive side knobs.

It has been super radical as a rear tire. 

I've also been toying with the idea of throwing it on my front wheel.

My Trail Boss is tired and I don't 'shred the gnar' hard enough to warrant something with mahooosive side knobs.

It has been super radical as a rear tire. 

You'll find the Aggressor lighter and faster rolling with enough side knobs for most conditions. I think its all you need for local conditions.

My theory on tyres like the MM are that they are excellent on the right bike eg a slack machine that sags a lot and leaves the front scrabbling for grip. It worked great on my old Enduro but was way too much on my HT. So, if your riding style and bike set up leans towards a more over the bars riding style, i.e weight on the front contact patch, fit a less aggro front tyre...

You'll find the Aggressor lighter and faster rolling with enough side knobs for most conditions. I think its all you need for local conditions.

My theory on tyres like the MM are that they are excellent on the right bike eg a slack machine that sags a lot and leaves the front scrabbling for grip. It worked great on my old Enduro but was way too much on my HT. So, if your riding style and bike set up leans towards a more over the bars riding style, i.e weight on the front contact patch, fit a less aggro front tyre...

you running the 2.5 agg?

It's a great looking tyre, much more aggressive lugs than the 2.3, so better suited as a front tyre than the 2.3 IMO. 

Someone on here said they didn't get a lot of life out of a Razor Rock.. So my cornering knobs are starting to tear off. I'm leaning towards a Aggressor as well, Then next month get a DHF or DHR front. I know there are other exciting options out there, but I Trust Maxxis' wear and the knobs wont start tearing off. 

You running EXO at the back @Headshot? 

Someone on here said they didn't get a lot of life out of a Razor Rock.. So my cornering knobs are starting to tear off. I'm leaning towards a Aggressor as well, Then next month get a DHF or DHR front. I know there are other exciting options out there, but I Trust Maxxis' wear and the knobs wont start tearing off. 

You running EXO at the back @Headshot? 

I am, but I think its too soon to tell if it will hold up well. 

I have a similar theory, hence my use of the Trail Boss over something more aggressive.

I would prefer to have a good all round tire that does most things well. As we climb under our own steam here, a nice rolling, 'good' grip tire that doesn't weigh 1.2kg is a good answer.

If I am feeling skittish or a little bit washy I am happy to tap off and spend a bit more time on the back wheel or finding things to pop off. I don't use Strava nor do I care about going the fasterest. I'm here for the fun.

I have the exo 2.5 on the rear, so can marry that up with it's twin and it should hold up nicely then.