Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

#AskingForAFriend ... where can one buy Renthal bars locally ... and are they really moerse expensive, alu or carbon?

Black sheep had a alu bar and stem but Renthal don't seem to bring in locally. I've had the Alu and the carbon and the carbon is much better. The Alu is very, very stiff. If that is your thing then it's heaven. I enjoyed it when I had it but when I got the carbon version it was night and day. If you were ordering overseas then double up with Headshot and rack up the bling. Personally I'd look at the Hope carbon bars. They are drool-worthy. For your friend of course. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black sheep had a alu bar and stem but Renthal don't seem to bring in locally. I've had the Alu and the carbon and the carbon is much better. The Alu is very, very stiff. If that is your thing then it's heaven. I enjoyed it when I had it but when I got the carbon version it was night and day. If you were ordering overseas then double up with Headshot and rack up the bling. Personally I'd look at the Hope carbon bars. They are drool-worthy. For your friend of course. 

I will tell my friend .... I believe he is going go Black Sheep Bikes on Sunday anyway.

Only ever used a carbon bar on the commuter (which eventually broke) and it certainly took the buzz out of the road more than any alu bar I have ever used.

it is like you guys have forgotten the joys of super-light tubes in skinny 1.95" tyres on a rocky descent

In the 90's I was cruising the Knysna single tracks on my backyard welded jump bike and riding my jumptrack on Huchingson Coyote's. Those F#ckers had corner knobs like no one's business, in fact, the whole tire was a corner knob. Plush, oh believe it, at 45kg's I ran it 15psi and it was more suspension than any 16 year old kid needed. I mean, my body was still fresh.. the sweetness of being a teen.. hell yes. 

post-1279-0-61391700-1567001479.jpeg

Edited by Bos

In the 90's I was cruising the Knysna single tracks on my backyard welded jump bike and riding my jumptrack on Huchingson Coyote's. Those F#ckers had corner knobs like no one's business, in fact, the whole tire was a corner knob..  Besides, my body was still fresh.. the sweetness of being a teen.. hell yes. 

I was rocking Tioga Psycho's ... had the tan side wall tyres ... but always wanted the full butterscotch tyres

Tioga_Psycho.jpg

Dude, thats what John Tomac Rode. So you were ALSO one of the cool kids :D Those 2'1's buzzed my chain stays all the time :lol: we have come a long way!

Edited by Bos

I will tell my friend .... I believe he is going go Black Sheep Bikes on Sunday anyway.

Only ever used a carbon bar on the commuter (which eventually broke) and it certainly took the buzz out of the road more than any alu bar I have ever used.

They have a Renthal Alu bar still there but at R1800 and it's been cut down to 760 already I'd just go with a new carbon Fat Bar V2 from CRC for R1500 and also throw some of those Renthal Ultra Tacky grips in for a couple of hundred buck as they are awesome. 

They have a Renthal Alu bar still there but at R1800 and it's been cut down to 760 already I'd just go with a new carbon Fat Bar V2 from CRC for R1500 and also throw some of those Renthal Ultra Tacky grips in for a couple of hundred buck as they are awesome. 

Ja Nee ... R1800 for a set of bars cut to 760mm .... 

My "friend" was curious

Should I even ask what these are retailing for!?!?!

There are some other carbon options as well man. Raceface, Nukeproof, Kore, truvativ. Should be a bit cheaper that Renthal, Deity and Hope.

What is it about hope that everyone finds so appealing? 

399d32aeea79a6ceffba42d79f27d87f_royalty

in the handlebar department, there are others that are equal or even nicer!!

What is it about hope that everyone finds so appealing?

Also don’t get it however I have become a big Spank fanboy over the years. I think if they made brakes I would try them.