Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about the bikes too much. The one only gets ridden on the bike lanes and the other one only gets ridden once a month.

doesn't he run a used bike dealership?

That's what your mom said :P

"big boned" in other words. Jeez your poor bikes :-)

RUN ... only run if the police is chasing me, and they have had no reason to do so for years now :P

doesn't he run a used bike dealership?

I keep my hardtail sagged at 0% for max efficiency! 

So at that weight, how do you guys know so much about suspension and suspension progression rates and feel? Don't you have to pump them up to pogo sticks just to avoid 45% sag?  :ph34r:  :whistling:  :eek:

So at that weight, how do you guys know so much about suspension and suspension progression rates and feel? Don't you have to pump them up to pogo sticks just to avoid 45% sag? :ph34r: :whistling: :eek:

Haha surprisingly not with the newer stuff. My fork is sitting at 85psi (MRP Ribbon), and rear at 250psi (Fox Float DPX2). Admitedly - setting up the rear suspension is a drag. The only bike it was not an issue on was the Evil Following MB because it was so progressive.

So at that weight, how do you guys know so much about suspension and suspension progression rates and feel? Don't you have to pump them up to pogo sticks just to avoid 45% sag?  :ph34r:  :whistling:  :eek:

HAHAHAHAHA!

You've just gone full squish, so you should know the answer to that... (and you're not that mich lighter are you)

FWIW one token in the fork makes a mahoosive difference to feel and performance. One click of LSC / HSC / LSR slightly less so, but it's still there and noticeable. 

My shock - I downloaded the CCDB tuning app, put in my details and then set it. Only needed to give it a click more LSC damping and slow down the HSR by one click, but now it's perfect. Can definitely notice the differences though. 

Plus, I read. Lots. From people far more well versed in this stuff than I. 

HAHAHAHAHA!

You've just gone full squish, so you should know the answer to that... (and you're not that mich lighter are you)

FWIW one token in the fork makes a mahoosive difference to feel and performance. One click of LSC / HSC / LSR slightly less so, but it's still there and noticeable. 

My shock - I downloaded the CCDB tuning app, put in my details and then set it. Only needed to give it a click more LSC damping and slow down the HSR by one click, but now it's perfect. Can definitely notice the differences though. 

Fook all that mumbo jumbo, I just know everything about everything!

HAHAHAHAHA!

Ha! I am currently in at about 80kg, so a good chunk smaller but not light weight by any means. 100 miles to run in 10 days time!

I am also just pulling your socks and rather enjoying it! hahaha

I would not do that if I were you ... .word on the street is that they have holes in them and can be a little "full aroma" for the faint hearted!

Ha! I am currently in at about 80kg, so a good chunk smaller but not light weight by any means. 100 miles to run in 10 days time!

I would not do that if I were you ... .word on the street is that they have holes in them and can be a little "full aroma" for the faint hearted!

A good toe jam aroma is glorious! Especially if there is a little bit of puss under to toe nail..... mmmmmmmmm

Looool! I don't mind at all. And yeah, I know your training has taken a bit of an upswing with that race on the horizon. Will be holding thumbs for that one.