Riders attacked and assaulted on Jonkershoek road (13/01/2019)

JohanC

Cool link. Cycling infrastructure developed in a similar manner here in Denmark.

What the link doesn't mention is motorist behaviour. The motivation was environmental, health and safety.

It doesn't call out driver behaviour expressly. Global media and politicians seem to water down poor driving causal of cyclist and pedestrian death. But the video does intimate toward that.

I had a book on the subject and its spoken about in more detail there. Someone borrowed it for interesting reading about 12 years ago and I cannot remember who borrowed it.

In the book it speaks to the history of transport in The Netherlands. PostWar driving standards deteriorating as cars became more popular in post war Holland, impatience with traffic and then poor decision making by drivers leading to increased pedestrian and cyclist collisions and fatalities. I'll search for an ISBN Number if I can remember the title :blush:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic