Breedts Nek - condition ?

Milosh

Hi all,

some feedback on Breedts....the road condition has worsened considerable since I was last there over a year ago. the climbs are all manageable but you do have to be way more cautious on the descents. There is a lot more bare rock than I remember often with just enough sand on to make it very slippery, plenty deep ruts running across the road. Klein Breedts is no different, I ran out of talent there, my fault going to fast for the road condition, broken arm and hand later and I'm off the bike for 8 weeks, no Sani !!

just a shout to the guys who stopped to help, sorry can't remember names or a thing of the accident, but thank you for all you did, you guys were amazing, humanity is alive and well!

also lesson learnt of having an emergency app, they do work!! paramedics got to me in 40 minutes which considering the location wasn't bad. oh and helmets, I reckon mine saved my life, its toast but that would have been my head!

lastly a big thanks to Fred my mate and Sani partner, whenever possible ride with someone, you just don't know what is around the corner.

keep the rubber side 

• 4 years later...
7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Update - Breedts Nek is not in great condition. Even the short side is bad. 

Everything is walkable though ;)

Yeah it’s actually becoming ridiculous now.

Must be more to it than simple neglect, apparently that road goes through a few private properties. I know for a fact that it accesses at least one large tract.