[Event] SRAM WC XCO Series / SA Cup Series Bloemendal Round 1

Events Bot

Sorry to hear Jewbacca.

Speaking of jumps - am i the only one who doesn't take the two gap jumps? The remaining jumps i seem ok with but those 2 gap jumps still need practice

Thanks... Not ideal but death will come to us all eventually.

Those 2 gap jumps both look way scarier than they are. If you can clear the tables in Tokai those are a breeze.

I hope you haven't cut your hair recently! Any loss in power would be terrible on Saturday!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are probably right Jewbacca.

But would prefer to practice the jumps when no one is around.  :ph34r:

So for this race, will take the longer chicken run. 

ZERO politics  - i just hate typing and better with my mouth  :clap:  ... Saturday is SA XCO Cup series 1 and WC XCO series 1 within the same race and Sunday SA XCO Cup Series 2 ( only Elite and Junior) and no WC XCO series - what this means in SA is that the Elite and Junior have six SA cup races in 2019 and other categories have four SA cup races - depending on your category you can drop one race for the points log. 

From FaceBook page and edited: 

The National Series offers all-important Category 1 UCI points and forms part of the UCI Junior World Series. Local and international competitors alike will be looking to garner points to boost their rankings early in the season.

Western Cape riders will enjoy a competitive start to the year with top racers, both local and international.

Sunday 3 February: A second day of racing has been lined up for Junior and Elite Riders. This day forms part of the SA Cup Series and is an opportunity for individual riders to up their UCI points.

SA riders ( Elite and Jun)to race on Sunday as the points that they earn will contribute to raise the standing of TEAM SA. TEAM SA needs these points in order to be a qualify to send a team to take part in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Right got it now.

Hectic. Are we short of venues that we have two SA Cup series the day after each other at the same venue?

Where that Tokai MTB guy? How about an XCO at Tokai again?

Right got it now.

Hectic. Are we short of venues that we have two SA Cup series the day after each other at the same venue?

Where that Tokai MTB guy? How about an XCO at Tokai again?

comes down to costs - this method is used in Australia of back to back and is being trialed here ... savings from hosting two races in separate venues plus a saving for people traveling. This is prescribed by CSA and WPMTBC is asked to host the event.  

Edited by Karl Beaton

Shoe! That list. My son is gonna freak out when he sees that. He will struggle to bring up the rear. He is not exactly XCO fit yet.

This year will be his first year in U/23, and he is just riding it to keep the passion and skills alive as he knows he will not yet have the speed to compete. He will only be riding Saturday, so look out for me in the tech and feed zone.

Edited by Moridin

Thanks... Not ideal but death will come to us all eventually.

Those 2 gap jumps both look way scarier than they are. If you can clear the tables in Tokai those are a breeze.

I hope you haven't cut your hair recently! Any loss in power would be terrible on Saturday!

My son used to be scared of the one gap jump at the top. Last year he rode it for the first time and he said it is much easier than it looks. You just have to have the speed for it.

My son used to be scared of the one gap jump at the top. Last year he rode it for the first time and he said it is much easier than it looks. You just have to have the speed for it.

Exactly that.

If you have the speed you can just flop over it.

If it wasn't a gap but a table the toddlers would be clearing it on their balance bikes!

I hope to do a lap tomorrow morning on my way to work.

Just hope my knee recovers from the fall i took Tuesday morning practicing. oops.

At least my bike got sorted in time. 

Another question: if it says 5 laps for my category, does the first lap count as a lap or do we do a start lap plus 5 laps?

Facebook says the final enry list is out this afternoon. Can confirm who is racing saturday or sunday or both then. massive Pro Elite field by the looks of it

Where on facebook?