[Event] SRAM WC XCO Series / SA Cup Series Bloemendal Round 1

Events Bot

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must agree on the tough climbs. Shortish but very steep.

Not nearly as technical as bloemedal tho.

Looking forward to it

Until you need to do that drop over the rock! It's not easy. The entry is very slippery with the sand.

What am I missing?

There does not seem to be much interest in round 2 destined for Rheebokskloof 16th March.

3 weeks before round 1 entries were done and dusted. For this round I do not see the event even mentioned on the CSA website. WP Cycling  still shows on their website that the venue for 16/03/2019 is still to be confirmed, in spite of a FB post confirming Rheebokskloof as the venue,  That post talks about entering. Fine, but could someone please suggest where we enter?

Round 2 is also not listed as an event here on The Hub?

What am I missing?

There does not seem to be much interest in round 2 destined for Rheebokskloof 16th March.

3 weeks before round 1 entries were done and dusted. For this round I do not see the event even mentioned on the CSA website. WP Cycling  still shows on their website that the venue for 16/03/2019 is still to be confirmed, in spite of a FB post confirming Rheebokskloof as the venue,  That post talks about entering. Fine, but could someone please suggest where we enter?

Do you have the event details? I take it from your post that they are sparse. Anyone is free to create an event in the calendar. The hope is that the organisers do it as free promotion for their events, but ya.

Do you have the event details? I take it from your post that they are sparse. Anyone is free to create an event in the calendar. The hope is that the organisers do it as free promotion for their events, but ya.

Thanks. No, I don't have enough detail to create an event. I have contacted both WPMTB and CSA, and if I get a response, will post here, unless someone comes up with the details. It's my daughter that is riding, but logistically it's a nightmare as I will most likely be away for work.

The date for round #2 is highly unfortunate as it coincides with the registration morning for the absa Cape Epic. 

the CSA website is usually the portal to use for entries

Edited by DieselnDust

The date for round #2 is highly unfortunate as it coincides with the registration morning for the absa Cape Epic.

the CSA website is usually the portal to use for entries

are you riding Cape Epic or working there?

What am I missing?

3 weeks before round 1 entries were done and dusted. For this round I do not see the event even mentioned on the CSA website. WP Cycling still shows on their website that the venue for 16/03/2019 is still to be confirmed, in spite of a FB post confirming Rheebokskloof as the venue, That post talks about entering. Fine, but could someone please suggest where we enter?

The part you are missing is that everything is run by volunteers, it will get done on their time once they’ve dealt with their personal responsibilities first. The fact the you know about the Facebook posting & the new venue is all you need for now. The entries will usually only open up +- 1 week before the time. I can only imagine the reason the 1st event was so early open & on CSA event calendar 3 weeks before the time was due to it being UCI SA CUP Round in addition to the WC round. Edited by milky4130

The xc racing was great to watch but, rode the trail last night en dit het lelik pak gekry.

Can see there was a lot of inexperienced riders flying down and grabbing the brakes into the corners.

The trail builders/maintenance can only do so much if we don't respect them and the trails it spoils it for all of us.

The xc racing was great to watch but, rode the trail last night en dit het lelik pak gekry.

Can see there was a lot of inexperienced riders flying down and grabbing the brakes into the corners.

The trail builders/maintenance can only do so much if we don't respect them and the trails it spoils it for all of us.

I dont see the purpose of your post?

Are you saying the SA Cup was full of nwoobs roosting corners?  :huh:  

Trail builders are there to build and maintain trails. It's part of the job. Braking bumps, loose corners ruts and gaps between damage and maintenance are a constant the world over. Also - races KLAP trails, cos they're literally racing and they need to go as fast as they're able to. Over a closed lap-style course, that's going to take a toll. 

Wasn't that loop built to develop young xco riders by giving exposure to the type of trails they'll be racing on?

Wasn't that loop built to develop young xco riders by giving exposure to the type of trails they'll be racing on?

This, too. XCO courses aren't manicured, chocolate icing-like bermed pieces of art. They're nitty, gritty, rutted tracks of pain, which are continually eroded and changed and ripped up over the span of a race weekend. The racers here need to know what that's like. 

The rain on sunday also didn't help. Changed it completely, and accelerated the wear and tear. 

This, too. XCO courses aren't manicured, chocolate icing-like bermed pieces of art. They're nitty, gritty, rutted tracks of pain, which are continually eroded and changed and ripped up over the span of a race weekend. The racers here need to know what that's like. 

trails in the western cape will always experience high wear. Long summer months without much rainfall to wet the clay surface coupled to very high useage = accelerated erosion.

Fortunately that's why we have trail maintenance :)