DIY bicycle wall mount

moseswal

If you own a bike, then you’ll know that finding ways to store your bikes can be a real pain. Bicycle stands are handy but they take up a lot of space, which most of us don’t have. So I recently decided to make brackets for my mountain bikes – the brackets are wall mounted and take up considerably less space.

You can download the drawing from my blog below, also see the build video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G07bdGQjYo&t=1s

http://www.themakeitfactory.co.za

https://themakeitfactorydotcodotza.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/bicycle-wall-mount-assembly1.pdf

pedal-resting-on-bike-mount-1.jpg?w=1100

Nice video Waleed... presumably you :)

Going to save my design comments for the trash can, but your finished product works well and stacks nicely when storing at an angle, saving space that vertical hangers lose out on!

I get the idea that you have or are starting a youtube diy channel? Good luck with the venture :thumbup: 

Next DIY should definitely be a motorbike paddock stand, then rollers, then a freemotion platform for the previously mentioned rollers!

Thank you Dirkitech for the positive feed back and encouragement, it's always a risk putting yourself out there.

I hope to make a positive contribution to the maker community and will make those projects as per your request.

Thank you Dirkitech for the positive feed back and encouragement, it's always a risk putting yourself out there.

I hope to make a positive contribution to the maker community and will make those projects as per your request.

It's my pleasure! I always enjoy watching diy's and hands on projects.

I watched a blacksmith dude's YT this weekend and there really is nearly something for everyone. Just keep producing quality like this and the interested parties will gradually flock. Cheers  :thumbup:

Nice video. Subscribed and will watch the rest later :thumbup: )

Here's a simplified version of the same type of mounting system. Drawn up from a picture I received from a mate.

Works well but more importantly, I have no idea how to weld so wanted something to order and mount straight away. Came out pretty cheap too.

post-47165-0-75844600-1552917101_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't use that. It will just be a matter of time until the metal starts scratching your frame. They should put some kind of a ruberised coating on it.

I wouldn't use that. It will just be a matter of time until the metal starts scratching your frame. They should put some kind of a ruberised coating on it.

I think these are the ones where you slot your pedal into the opening. The other short bit is where you rest your wheel on. Your frame shouldn't be touching any part of this bike mount. 

If I knew how to post pics I would have posted more of this type of mount but yeah.. not happening today, or tomorrow.... Next week isn't looking good either. 

Nice video Waleed... presumably you :)

Going to save my design comments for the trash can, but your finished product works well and stacks nicely when storing at an angle, saving space that vertical hangers lose out on!

I get the idea that you have or are starting a youtube diy channel? Good luck with the venture :thumbup: 

Next DIY should definitely be a motorbike paddock stand, then rollers, then a freemotion platform for the previously mentioned rollers!

I have a paddock stand to use as sample if anyone is interested...