Don't time my chip!!!

Windbreaker

What a farce.

It's about time (excuse the pun) that these guys got down to competing on service instead of "fighting for turf". Their transponders are inter-operable which means that we the cyclists need only buy one and it could be used no matter who was timing the event. If they got their act together it would also make a truly national seeding database a reality. Read this ...

Important Notice Regarding non-WinningTime Chips
Race Administration Systems WTSA (Pty) Ltd ("Winning Time") has been involved in lititgation initiated by ChampionChip Africa (Pty) Ltd ("ChampionChip") regarding the use of ChampionChip transponders during events timed by Winning Time.

In the interest of curtailing ongoing litigation, Winning Time has agreed to refrain from the utilisation of ChampionChip transponders in the timing of any athletes and/or cyclists and/or competitors in any sporting events. This agreement, which has been made an Order of Court, has been reached without any admission of liability.
Windbreaker2006-10-23 08:26:12

forget the timing chip, just go ride your bike.

if you win you'll know, otherwise who cares.......

Thumbs%20DownOld news or not- it sucks! I lost a good seeding time last year as a result of their "infighting"! I suppose they won't miss my absence despite numerous sms's and e-mails prompting me to enter!

Yeah there was poor me blisfully F*#%ing unaware. Then at Shova, no result. I mail them in my stupid belief that common courtesy of a reply was forthcoming. Then nothing, I guess it is inevitable, death, taxes and WT will give piss poor service.