Specialized Camber Comp Carbon

Craig Armstrong

I'm on the brink of buying a 2017 Specialized Camber Comp Carbon 29er.

The reviews are all a bit iffy, which makes me hesitant... but I think that from the 2nd hand markets perspective, rather than new, there's a better value proposition.

The main issue seems to be with the 120mm Revelation, they're all saying its not stiff enough.

Who here rides/has ridden a Camber? What did you think?

I had a 2016 Camber expert and absolutely loved it. Can't remember what fork was on it though.

Was in the market again now and was a toss-up between a 2018 S-works Camber and the Pyga Stage. Landed up with the stage just because I found an incredible deal on a very upgraded bike.

I will always recommend a Camber when ever I can, most comfortable and capable bike I have rider. (Only done a small ride on the Stage so can't comment Long term)

My wife rides the 2017 Camber Comp Carbon in 27.5. Can't fault it!

She has upgraded the drivetrain to GX Eagle and swapped the grips for ESI. Stock otherwise.

I have the specialized camber carbon 29 2018 , and love it !!!

Only thing I have changed is to upgrade to GX Eagle as well , the standard did 

a respectable 4100 km .

I have a 2017 Camber Comp Carbon, very happy with the bike and enjoy it a lot (coming from a old Scott Spark).  It is a little bit on the heavy side but I do have a XL frame and I am around the 100kg mark so don't really bother me that much. 

Have done about 5000km on it including three 24 hour events, and have had no major issues.

I did initially find the fork a little bit too soft - although I never bottomed it out.  Not sure if I adapted my riding style or if it was setup differently but after the first service where seals and oil were replaced it felt a lot better and didn't run through the travel so quickly.

I have a 2017 Camber Comp Alu, also with the Revelation 120mm fork. No issues from me, and I am a big boy (1.90m, 118kg as of last weigh-in). 

I ride techy trails, and love to jump tables and the odd gap with it, and have in the 2 and bit years I've had it not encountered any iffy moments. The suspension, front and back, easily handles everything I throw at it, and I have a tendency to ride my bikes hard.

On the days I just want a long slog in the saddle with no technical sections involved, it performs stellar, also on the climbs.

In short, you won't regret going for the camber.

The main issue seems to be with the 120mm Revelation, they're all saying its not stiff enough.

Who here rides/has ridden a Camber? What did you think?

The Camber is an awesome bike and not sure what they are comparing the Revelation to as it's plenty stiff enough.