Ikon rear - Forecaster front?

Williepotch

Okay you've just joined Myles on the list of opinions that need a big pinch of salt.

You two are contrasting sides of the same coin.

So if anyone on the hub wants tyre advice, read what Myles writes,read what Dustydiesoline writes and find the truth somewhere in the middle.

True story

Which illustrates how ridiculous pedantry around push bike tyres really is

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

????

I just really didn't get along with it, and neither have other people who's opinions I trust. But there are others who have vastly different experiences with them and love em to bits. I know it's really sensitive to pressure, but I found the citius (and Mary, can't leave her out) to have far superior grip characteristics in all conditions.

But. And here's the thing. I know you're a far better rider and faster than me so maybe you're able to ride it at the level it needs to be ridden at to come into its own.

didn't want to reply as you are faster than me but another Ezelenduro guy (who beat you????) were positive about them. I'll see how they hold up. The thought that sprang to mind when i pulled the trigger was William (top wheel builder) telling me that these tyres can really take a hit. I'm happy, but comparing them to purgatories and wtb vigilantes/trailboss on the trail bike and minion dhf/crossmax on my 26er ht.

The issue is you don't really want to be over say 1.6 bar no matter what the max pressure is and if you like me are now 106kg you want a bit more sidewall. Ok I am riding 1.5bar at the moment and it still feels hard, but if I ride "heavy" on an uphill you bump through.

at 106kg I think the blowing through the side wall is a result of the 1.5bar.. You really need to up that pressure.

I'm 70kg and that's the pressure I run in my front tyre! Haven't pinch flatted in ......like for.....ever

didn't want to reply as you are faster than me but another Ezelenduro guy (who beat you) were positive about them. I'll see how they hold up. The thought that sprang to mind when i pulled the trigger was William (top wheel builder) telling me that these tyres can really take a hit. I'm happy, but comparing them to purgatories and wtb vigilantes/trailboss on the trail bike and minion dhf/crossmax on my 26er ht.

Would that be William of William's Bike Shop? If yes then listen to him. He sells what he rides and he only rides what works.

didn't want to reply as you are faster than me but another Ezelenduro guy (who beat you????) were positive about them. I'll see how they hold up. The thought that sprang to mind when i pulled the trigger was William (top wheel builder) telling me that these tyres can really take a hit. I'm happy, but comparing them to purgatories and wtb vigilantes/trailboss on the trail bike and minion dhf/crossmax on my 26er ht.

Was probably PhilipV. If you're talking about one of the guys in our camp.

Okay you've just joined Myles on the list of opinions that need a big pinch of salt.

You two are contrasting sides of the same coin.

So if anyone on the hub wants tyre advice, read what Myles writes,read what Dustydiesoline writes and find the truth somewhere in the middle.

U cut me deep, bro. ????

Was probably PhilipV. If you're talking about one of the guys in our camp.

no, was one of the others. But I'm a light weight and slow. can get away with low pressure which probably helps

Location Randpark Ridge, Riding style Hermanus????

That's quite a commute to your favorite trail bud

I go to great lengths to satisfy my riding needs. Recently relocated down to Hermanus  :clap: 

Love the wolverine as a rear tyre. Front... Meh. But if you're looking for a tyre that's fast rolling, high volume and you're on hardpack or gravel grinding then it's a great choice. Would also be a great tyre for xco imo.

yeah for what I do and how I do it, pretty much an ok combo for me - not a Greg Minaar in the making :blush:

yeah for what I do and how I do it, pretty much an ok combo for me - not a Greg Minaar in the making :blush:

That's precisely why I'm using what I am... because I DEFINITELY don't have the talent

Yeah I'd def go Aggressor then. 

Was on the trails over the weekend and in getting more and more used to the trails here, I nearly purchased acres of real estate on a few occasions with the Ardent Race up front. Thanks for the top tip - like the look of the Aggressor - hope to get one on the bike for the weekend. 

Archived