Found : Garmin Edge

duanelr

Picked up a garmin edge lying in the tall grass in the parking area during the redhub triathlon (28 April). 

If it's yours identify the model number and maybe a ride or two in the memory so I can return it to it's rightful owner.

I have the device with me Moreleta Park / Kya Sands areas. 

Some of those rides still in memory will probably stop/start at the owners residence?

Picked up a garmin edge lying in the tall grass in the parking area during the redhub triathlon (28 April). 

If it's yours identify the model number and maybe a ride or two in the memory so I can return it to it's rightful owner.

On my edge 520 I have the option to put my name and details into it. Have you checked if this one has details loaded? It's in the settings somewhere, I can look later and get exact location if you want.

Maybe upload the ride and see who Rode with that person in the Flyby's

unfortunately this particular device can only show time, distance , ave speed in the history.

Can't see where a ride was stopped / started.

also can't upload to strava since I use a suunto and don't have correct usb cable etc. I imagine there will also be account details that i need?

also no user info programmed into the unit either. 

Last resort is to contact Garmin as suggested. 

Let's hope the owner sees the post! thanks all

Depending on model its either USB or mini USB, there are a number of cables which it will accept. 

I had a similar incident a year ago. Picked up a 520,no info on it. Garmin couldn't tell me whom it belonged to, and my post on lost and found also didn't get any replies.

I registered the device to my strava, synced the last ride and then saw the owner rode with me... I contacted him through strava then.

I went through all that trouble just for the oke to send an Uber to pick it up from me, he did not even send me a proper thank you, nothing. At least i can tell myself i did the right thing, hopefully someone does something similar when i lose my stuff.

I had a similar incident a year ago. Picked up a 520,no info on it. Garmin couldn't tell me whom it belonged to, and my post on lost and found also didn't get any replies.

I registered the device to my strava, synced the last ride and then saw the owner rode with me... I contacted him through strava then.

I went through all that trouble just for the oke to send an Uber to pick it up from me, he did not even send me a proper thank you, nothing. At least i can tell myself i did the right thing, hopefully someone does something similar when i lose my stuff.

I've had a similar experience, some people are just self absorbed knobs.

Does kind of leave a bad taste in your mouth but it still feels good to do the right thing.