Another reason Cav should call it a day:

131. 131 CAVENDISH Mark TDD GBR 06:53:20 00:36:09

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stage suited him, too...

Cav had a tough day the peloton were soft pedalling when he was distanced. I mean we saw Sagan go back to the team car to get bottles for his team mates and just pedal back to the front to hand out ..so it really want a hectic pace when he was dropped.

Cav had a tough day the peloton were soft pedalling when he was distanced. I mean we saw Sagan go back to the team car to get bottles for his team mates and just pedal back to the front to hand out ..so it really want a hectic pace when he was dropped.

Either he is not race fit or not recovered as they think

Granted it was not a easy stage with over 4000 m climbing

According to cyclingnews.com

“The slow downs and accelerations also wreaked havoc on Mark Cavendish (Dimension Data), who popped out of the bunch and struggled to regain contact through the rest of the stage”

LM creeping into the GC top 20’s.... some light in the tunnel?

Read the report, sounds as if it was a hectic stage with all the attacking and bringing back attacks....

Read the report, sounds as if it was a hectic stage with all the attacking and bringing back attacks....

From about 80km to go EF went to the front and the tempo lifted.. they reeled the break in very early. By then Cav was out the back already.

The stage suited him, too...

That section to the top is a average of 2.1% and they climbed at a 812m/h VAM or 3.2Wkg. It really is not hard other than being a long day in the saddle and some altitude.

There was wind that caught riders out at the Intermediate sprint with 25km to go but Cav was off way before then. 

Indeed. He is finishing with the names I like to see him finish around!

Hopefully he is teack for good consition around July...

Him and BenoC on form at the right time would be awesome. Keen to see how BoC goes in the Giro mountains.

Indeed. He is finishing with the names I like to see him finish around!

Hopefully he is teack for good consition around July...

Him and BenoC on form at the right time would be awesome. Keen to see how BoC goes in the Giro mountains.

I was very surprised to see Moscon doing so well ( on a course that does not particularly suit him) after he was dropped from Ineos' Giro team due to an apparent lack of form. 

It makes me wonder about the quality of the racing yesterday. 

On the subject of retiring..... where is R. Porte?

Next to MainCheese...same time, 15th and 16th..

Edited by Swift&Aero

Bunch has split 50k in. Maincheese in the break with some other heavy hitters, but none of the TDF type GC riders.  Is this the comeback we've been hoping for? If he's got good legs the stage will suit him today, HC climb and all.

On the subject of retiring..... where is R. Porte?

Somewhere in California ..or so I hear

Bunch has split 50k in. Maincheese in the break with some other heavy hitters, but none of the TDF type GC riders. Is this the comeback we've been hoping for? If he's got good legs the stage will suit him today, HC climb and all.

Are you streaming.. cause coverage on DSTV only starts just before my bed time [emoji2957]