Race to the Sun - Advendurance drops the ball, twice!

Acid

Advendurance have no idea what they are doing...

After entering the Race to the Sun and being informed during the entry process that I will get a discount on Sun City accommodation and that there will be a shuttle taking people staying at Sun City to the start of the event, I don't ever get confirmation of the discount or the ability to book a shuttle.

So I phone and email. No answer on the phone but a couple of days later, I get an email from Emma at Advendurance saying - "No discount.... sorry we need to take it off the website" and "We'll add the shuttle service for purchase to the website within the month. This was on the 27th of March.

So nothing happens, I email again.

"We're arranging a shuttle for a few people, but don't tell anyone. Send us your details and we'll book you on the shuttle and send you the costs/bank details"

I send my details...... no response

I email again. To be told "Unfortunately we're not going to provide a shuttle from SunCity to the start venue on the morning of the race, we are hoever starting a community group on Facebook as an effort to connect people staying at Sun City on the Friday night. Perhaps riders can pool together."

What an absolute dogshow!

So I'm stuck in Sun City, no promised discount and no promised shuttle

Well played Advendurance.... well played......!

post-1304-0-58896900-1557750900_thumb.png

post-1304-0-45326300-1557751093_thumb.png

post-1304-0-57591100-1557751178_thumb.png

post-1304-0-52593200-1557751245_thumb.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Day Kurt, 

We're sorry to hear about this experience and truly hope that you will change your mind when doing the race. We've followed up with an email to you. 

Kind Regards

Advendurance Team 

I don't understand this post above. I booked and paid for a shuttle at the beginning of this year. If there is no shuttle to take me home from Sun City, I have no idea what I am going to do.

I don't understand this post above. I booked and paid for a shuttle at the beginning of this year. If there is no shuttle to take me home from Sun City, I have no idea what I am going to do.

Best you contact them ASAP to find out if you are sorted or if you need to join that Facebook group then....

dont burn all your matches in the race , you may be riding back .............

dont burn all your matches in the race , you may be riding back .............

See it as a challenge, like Double Lap of 947...

Good Day Kurt, 

We're sorry to hear about this experience and truly hope that you will change your mind when doing the race. We've followed up with an email to you. 

Kind Regards

Advendurance Team 

Why are you guys so unprofessional, ignoring emails, stuffing up vital info??

Makes me think this is a race to avoid if your team cocks up even basic things like the op mentioned. Sounds like an organisation that doesn't know it's ass from it's elbow, I can only imagine how bad vitally important things like water tables and medic could potentially be during the race.

I queried the shuttle service on their FB page & was told to go book it on the entry portal which I did. All worked 100% on my side. I then went & broke my wrist a few weeks ago. I gave them a call to see what my options were & they offered me a full refund. I have to say I have been most impressed.

I hope you get sorted out Kurt. It's a cool race. Not to be missed. I'm sorry I won't be there this year

Why are you guys so unprofessional, ignoring emails, stuffing up vital info??

Makes me think this is a race to avoid if your team cocks up even basic things like the op mentioned. Sounds like an organisation that doesn't know it's ass from it's elbow, I can only imagine how bad vitally important things like water tables and medic could potentially be during the race.

Give them a month. They might change their minds again and then you need to bring your own water and medic to the "waterpoints"

Last year the race was great but seeing the issues with their logistics I think this race will be short lived going forward.

Absolutely fantastic race, one off the best races I did last year. Very well organized!

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: winner of a first post.

Absolutely fantastic race, one off the best races I did last year. Very well organized!

post-8504-0-27112300-1557989412.jpg

lol

ok

thx

Archived