S-Works Epic and Venge recovered in Glencairn

LazyTrailRider

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

My brother and one of his team, while driving, noticed three very dodgy looking characters making their way up Glencairn Expressway from Glencairn's side on three high-end bikes.

• 1x 2015 S-Works Epic
  • 1x 2016 Venge
  • Third bike unknown, it was black in colour.

The perps were chased and separated from the bikes, but managed to get away into the vlei. Unfortunately they got away with the black bike.

The Epic and Venge were handed in at Simonstown police station. Photos of serial numbers taken, not sure whether I should be posting them here.

attachicon.gifEpic.jpeg

attachicon.gifVenge.jpeg

Good work!!

Jip..and maybe they have a guy they sell the bikes to...

Yes, if they are regular burglars / robbers / bikejackers, they most certainly will have a middleman that they sell stolen goods to. Getting them to reveal that is not so easy though. Jail? Violence? Often there isn't much they haven't experienced in spades already and very little holds any fear for them. I suspect the bigger fish will just  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown: swim off as always.

Edited by DJR

Yes, if they are regular burglars / robbers / bikejackers, they most certainly will have a middleman that they sell stolen goods to. Getting them to reveal that is not so easy though. Jail? Violence? Often there isn't much they haven't experienced in spades already and very little holds any fear for them. I suspect the bigger fish will just :thumbdown: :thumbdown: swim off as always.

I agree....or a lesser sentence then..to catch the bigger fish....????

Hallo guys

I got a call from my brother in law in Dubai this morning to tell me about this amazing group and team effort. I can’t thank you enough for being so alert and making so much effort to track me down. They cleared out the house, but sooooo thankful to have the bikes back. I hope we can return this favor and pay it forward!! Thank you so so much!!

Sorry I couldn't get the third bike back as well but it got pretty chaotic. At least it was the Merida out of the three. :ph34r:

Hallo guys
I got a call from my brother in law in Dubai this morning to tell me about this amazing group and team effort. I can’t thank you enough for being so alert and making so much effort to track me down. They cleared out the house, but sooooo thankful to have the bikes back. I hope we can return this favor and pay it forward!! Thank you so so much!!