Mtb disc brakes

Primer

Hi guys. I need some guidance please. I want to buy a new set of disc brakes as my currents one, shimano m785, just don't do it for me anymore. I've narrowed it down to the following, what do u guys suggest

Hope tech 3 E4

Shimano m8120 4 piston

Shimano m8120 4 piston

Formula cura 4

Im keen on the hopes, but have always ridden shimano.

I've got 200mm front and 180 rear ice tech rotors and my weight is approx 100kg.

I tested a bike with Cura and was quite wowed by them great stopping power and they look nice as well. Not sure how the maintenance on them are, have always used Shimano because you fit and forget.

Out of any brake on the market I would go with Shimano Saint, love the look and more stopping power will send you OTB.

Cura 4's for the win. I've had the Hopes and the Cura 2s and the Cura's were way my fav's and easily on par with (if not better) the Hopes. Also might be worth looking at the TRPs as they are supposed to be a great brake as well. Shimano are pretty decent but once you've go to with of those you'll never go back. 

Cura will have tons more power than the Hope, but Hope will have much better lever feel

(not to say the hopes aren't powerful, the curas are just monsters)

cura just for the fact that they are also mineral oil brakes. DOT is nasty and has no place on a bicycle imo.

EDIT: i have lots of hope bling on my bike..if I decide to upgrade my shimano brakes i will most probably get Cura's

Edited by morneS555

cura just for the fact that they are also mineral oil brakes. DOT is nasty and has no place on a bicycle imo.

EDIT: i have lots of hope bling on my bike..if I decide to upgrade my shimano brakes i will most probably get Cura's

Mineral oil is also nasty, both have their advantages and disadvantages the fluid used in the system should NOT sway your decision

https://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/dot-brake-fluid-vs-mineral-oil/

Mineral oil is also nasty, both have their advantages and disadvantages the fluid used in the system should NOT sway your decision

https://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/dot-brake-fluid-vs-mineral-oil/

nasty in the sense that it eats paint, cloth, skin lol. you could drink mineral oil and probably have a runny tummy only...infact..you get food grade mineral oil.

Edited by morneS555

nasty in the sense that it eats paint, cloth, skin lol. you could drink mineral oil and probably have a runny tummy only...infact..you get food grade mineral oil.

Mineral oil could have rat poison in and still be sold to you as perfectly fine, read the article and you'll see how heavily regulated dot is compared to mineral oil that goes through no testing

Edited by BaGearA

Mineral oil could have rat poison in and still be sold to you as perfectly fine, read the article and you'll see how heavily regulated dot is compared to mineral oil that goes through no testing

ok so just don't drink shimano mineral oil then you say? still wont eat your paint/clothes/skin lol

to each his own

Edited by morneS555

ok so just don't drink shimano mineral oil then you say? still wont eat your paint/clothes/skin lol

to each his own

Yeah that's what I said

Curas are awesome and well priced as well. Depending on your riding, the 2s should do.

It's pretty obvious he wants 4 pots... Don't come here with your rational suggestions.

I would get the Hopes. In purple. That way you can go full Chav and start obsessing about matching all your other bits and then re spraying your bike to match.

Do it.

Trp spyke with avid speed dial 7s. Unbelievable. Rode mine today on my n+1... I may put them on my big bike

It's pretty obvious he wants 4 pots... Don't come here with your rational suggestions.

I would get the Hopes. In purple. That way you can go full Chav and start obsessing about matching all your other bits and then re spraying your bike to match.

Do it.

Magura MT7 FTW...comes in neon yellow too!