Big groups

bullet77

This is unfathomable for most, using a locker as a 'safe'

Ha - part of having a bicycle parking space at the gym is a permanent locker. Pretty safe as it is sitting under CCTV and just off the street. No issues so far. I leave my Garmin and see.sense lights on the bike when I park it and hang my cycling gear on it and not had any issues either. Parking room is also pretty secure with facial recognition to access

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha - part of having a bicycle parking space at the gym is a permanent locker. Pretty safe as it is sitting under CCTV and just off the street. No issues so far. I leave my Garmin and see.sense lights on the bike when I park it and hang my cycling gear on it and not had any issues either. Parking room is also pretty secure with facial recognition to access

First world issues... :whistling: 

First world issues... :whistling:

Count my blessings every day. Riding into work this morning at 5.30am in the dark thinking about that poor one who got stabbed in pta yesterday.

the problem is, how does the motorist make them aware ?

If he hoots he gets aggression from teh cyclists.

His stopping his car in the road indicated agression from his side, I did not watch till the end so dont know what happened further on.

To me what should have happened there , the group should know, even though they are not breaking any laws they are taking up a large amount of road space, they are also vulnerable, as courtesy the guys at the back should have started alerting the guys further forward and everyone should have moved over.

Its not about who is right, its about courtesy.

Yes true that would be a good course of action and it works when the group is made up of cooperative people

Wait, so the car passes when its not safe to do so, then once passes stops and blocks the road way? Ok. 

I see what you did there and I like it 

How? If the motorist hooted the cyclists probably would have beaten the driver up. They didn't look like a nice bunch of people to me!!

Wow, aren't you a ray of sunshine at  a winter braai....

they look pretty passive and happy and then confused after the idiot stopped in the middle of the road. 

I always thought that club100 was a cycle lab club, have I been mistaken all these years ?

Yes, you have.

They are two different clubs.

Club 100 is linked to team dimension data for quebeka through Douglas father in law.

cycle lab is Andrew McLean baby.

Totally different entities

Oh Please... get you English lakker ... its a 'Troop baboons' and a 'Peloton of cyclists'

How ever there were some awesome collective nous for cyclists..

a draft of cyclists
A chain gang of cyclists
A ‘Veet’ of roadies
A ‘paunch’ of MTBers
a sucker of cyclists(as in wheel sucker) 
A cluster of cyclists
A chain of cyclists

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/collective-nouns-for-cyclists/

https://www.cyclingforums.com/threads/collective-nouns-for-cyclist.60780/

So you noticed my deliberate use of the word "troop"

Some Hub users are very temperamental people and take offence very easily. I tried to hide my insult in the words. There is an English term for that, but I cannot think of it right now.

Archived