Fenix 5 sudden battery drain

Jbr

Since friday my watch runs out of battery in 5 hours, when it used to last several days no problems, it's so sudden I can't believe it's the actual battery and not a software issue... Am I the only one ? 

I try reseting it to factory setting, same thing...

lately I haven't gotten a chance to charge it 100% a few times in a row, but last night it charged overnight, I only unplugged it at 7 this morning and at 12 there was only 5% left. I'll try downgrading to 13.30 firmware...

Edited by Jbr

lately I haven't gotten a chance to charge it 100% a few times in a raw, but last night it charged overnight, I only unplugged it at 7 this morning and at 12 there was only 5% left. I'll try downgrading to 13.30 firmware...

I've had it since like firmware like 12.4. Think I'm on 14 now. Garmin told me it needed to be sent in to be fixed. Seeing as a I have in my case a working hack I ain't gonna bother.

How much is it to get a new battery fitted?

They need it in before they can tell you exactly what's wrong and what it will cost, but if the charging cable is R500, my guess is the entire battery is a shat lot more

It's a Software setting that automatically drains the battery... the software was triggered by the announcement of the Fenix 6. 

You have no other option but to buy the new Fenix 6 or Marq Driver.... go on, you know you want to!

It's a Software setting that automatically drains the battery... the software was triggered by the announcement of the Fenix 6. 

You have no other option but to buy the new Fenix 6 or Marq Driver.... go on, you know you want to!

sure, it's still under warranty with takealot though, and if they can't fix it I'll certainly not put another fortune in a watch that barely lasts a year !

sure, it's still under warranty with takealot though, and if they can't fix it I'll certainly not put another fortune in a watch that barely lasts a year !

If under warranty, why you not sent it back already and are looking for self fix solutions?

I have had the F3 for 3yrs, the F5 for 1.5yrs and now the 945, none had given me issue.  And there are many F5's arund the world working fine.  Garmin's post sale service is pretty good.  Takealot will likely send it to Garmin else request you send it to them directly.  As it is within the warranty will unlikely cost you anything to do this.

Definitely send it in to Garmin, especially if it is still under warranty.  Garmin have been unbelievable whenever I have taken anything in to be looked at, even my Garmin 3HR was replaced with a refurbished unit outside of my warranty period .  so rather get it in before the warranty expires and you should get it back as good as new, if not brand new!

I'm going overseas soon and I'm cycling almost on a daily basis so I wanted to try and find a software fix if I could, rather than send it in and wait for weeks ot have it back.... but looks like it's a mix of hardware/software so it will have to go back to garmin :(

Edited by Jbr

I'm going overseas soon and I'm cycling almost on a daily basis so I wanted to try and find a software fix if I could, rather than send it in and wait for weeks ot have it back.... but looks like it's a mix of hardware/software so it will have to go back to garmin :(

I charged mine to full yesterday morning, did a bit over 3 hrs activity and sitting at 63% today. I'm version 14.20. Something is definitely up... But my f6 is out for delivery so meh.