Stroop . Have you watched it?

Vetseun

About rhino poaching.

Utterly heart breaking.

I shed a good few tears.

Us humans are horrible beings.

Edited by Vetseun

Seen the ads and trailers. Haven’t watched it yet.

The same empathy and compassion that we feel towards those rhinos, we need to collectively extend to all the animals, particularly the ones we put on our plates and on our backs.

All animals, irrespective of their conservation status, deserve basic moral consideration. Their lives and freedom are not ours to take. ????

Vettes - I don't know if I want to - I do but I don't.

Apparently it's hectic.

Where did you watch it?

About rhino poaching.

Utterly heart breaking.

I shed a good few tears.

Us humans are horrible beings.

Where did you watch it?  Netflix?

Vettes - I don't know if I want to - I do but I don't.

Apparently it's hectic.

Where did you watch it?

I took a break at one stage. Was just too much for me. Others may differ and,say it isnt so bad but for me it was horrible.

Seen the ads and trailers. Haven’t watched it yet.

The same empathy and compassion that we feel towards those rhinos, we need to collectively extend to all the animals, particularly the ones we put on our plates and on our backs.

All animals, irrespective of their conservation status, deserve basic moral consideration. Their lives and freedom are not ours to take.

Although I understand your sentiment, I must note that since humans treat fellow humans in much the same way, if not worse, then it stands to reason that animal life will continue to devalue in the eyes of mankind in general.

I am a meat eater though. I grew up on a farm. I respect life, even animal life. I don't hunt as I do not agree with the practice. I have shot animals in the past. Now, I respect all life. Even those little shongololos crawling all over the roads and single track here in Cape Town at the moment, and always try steer around them if I see them. I have no issue with ethical animal husbandry, but the blatant wholesale 'murdering' of animals for financial gain brought about by poaching and nothing else is just evil in my view. That needs to stop.

The thing I struggle with is how humanity is more up in arms about killing animals than they are about killing babies. That I just fail to grasp.

Although I understand your sentiment, I must note that since humans treat fellow humans in much the same way, if not worse, then it stands to reason that animal life will continue to devalue in the eyes of mankind in general. We, as humans, treat each other despicably, but just because it happens, doesn't absolve us of our moral obligation to do better. 

I am a meat eater though. I grew up on a farm. I respect life, even animal life. That right there is contradictory. You can't respect life, but then pay for it to be taken away for no good reason.  

I don't hunt as I do not agree with the practice. I have shot animals in the past. Now, I respect all life. Even those little shongololos crawling all over the roads and single track here in Cape Town at the moment, and always try steer around them if I see them. We're on the same page here. 

I have no issue with ethical animal husbandry, but the blatant wholesale 'murdering' of animals for financial gain brought about by poaching and nothing else is just evil in my view. That needs to stop. There is no such thing as 'ethical husbandry', in the same way that there is no such things as ethical slavery or ethical racism. You need to view it from the victims' perspective. What you just described in your last 2 sentences is animal farming 101 - the exploitation of animals for profit. Whether it's a cow, a pig or a rhino.  

The thing I struggle with is how humanity is more up in arms about killing animals than they are about killing babies. That I just fail to grasp.