Catlike Whisper MTB Shoes

Pieterlab1

This is my second pair of Catlike Whisper shoes and they are really comfortable, but after less than a year, the sole just suddenly snapped while I was riding. Very Strange!

I bought the shoes in April 2018, but didn't ride for 5 months due to injury. 

I do not think it's normal wear and tear, what do you think?

And I do think that shoes should last longer than this.

Any of you had this problem with Catlike shoes, or any other brand for that matter.

I did email and call Catlike SA a few times, still waiting for them to get back to me... 

I'll update you when they reply to my mails, if they ever reply.

post-71302-0-87007800-1569492812_thumb.jpg

This is my second pair of Catlike Whisper shoes and they are really comfortable, but after less than a year, the sole just suddenly snapped while I was riding. Very Strange!

Any of you had this problem with Catlike shoes, or any other brand for that matter.

I did email and call Catlike SA a few times, still waiting for them to get back to me... 

Mine still going strong. no Issues. Terrible to walk in (and I walk often)

Mine still going strong. no Issues. Terrible to walk in (and I walk often)

My first pair is about 4 years old, they look scruffy but also no problems.

That is bizarre! I can only comment on the road version, but I've put 10000+km into my pair, and they were second hand. They're still as stiff as a diamond in an ice storm

Hope you come right

This is a very unusual failure. If less than a year old you should have a strong case for a warranty. 

buuuuuuuut good luck with as I'm still waiting on a reply to other queries I've sent them and some are dating back a year now...

Chatted to them at the Argust expo with lots of promises but still no responses...

great products that of late  seems to land with apathetic distributors. The last decent and passionate distributor they had was Cape Cycle Systems who really bent over backwards to make the brand work in SA. That was 10 years ago now/

Edited by DieselnDust

I'm also on my second pair and have been bullet proof so far, would assume you have a factory fault as have never seen that happen with normal wear and tear.  Lets hope local dealers give you some decent support and feedback.

Got positive feedback from Catlike SA yesterday.

They do not currently have stock in my size, but as soon as they do they will do a replacement for me for a small fee.

Good service.

Got positive feedback from Catlike SA yesterday.

They do not currently have stock in my size, but as soon as they do they will do a replacement for me for a small fee.

Good service.

Why a fee ???