[Event] FNB Wines2Whales Shiraz

FNB Wines2Whales MTB

Don't know if it would be practical but love the idea of a prologue to sort out the SAseeding fiasco

Practicality would need to be considered from all aspects. An extra day of leave to travel. Extra nights stay, = additional costs. But if they can make it work it would really up the status of the event and improve fairness. There was   quite a few international riders enquiring about the seeding as clearly they would not have a SAnonSEEDing profile. Yet some of them got seeded on their "name" or european events results. A Prologue would sort all this out and your batch start would be based on your form at the event.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just had a sports documentary on TV covering a couple of Spanish teams who did this years race. From what I could make out, there was at least 2 mens teams and a mixed team.

Compared to here where I now ride it looked seriously "Cross-Country". I do miss those long rides with lots of singletrack! The weather looked a bit dodge at times and there'd been heavy rain in places, but not a big deal.

Looked like one of the Spanish riders promised "everybody a Paella meal" if SA won the rugby world cup. SA did win and he was giving the head Chef a list of ingrediants to make Paella for 600 people. No idea if that ever actually happened or not. I suspect not because one of the ingredients was "50 Rabbits"! 

Edited by Bonus