Crank pulley - where from?

RJClegg

Ý

Are you sure you can't fit a single chain ring on your existing cranks ?

It may not be necessary to change at all.

Almost certain. I don't see any bolts to remove the current chainring. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Randburg. 

Thanks for the links gents. Will check them out. :)

if you want to borrow my Crank Puller for a week or two you're welcome. 

PM me your number. 

Edited by AdamA

yea its the same crank that came with my wife's bike. Took all that out...put these in.

CWC took the square taper crank out forme for free. i'm sure if you ask any bike shop for a fav they'll do it. when i change around PF bottom brackets they usually charge me like R80 id they are super busy....otherwise also free. 

post-64325-0-95356900-1570782110_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-90320900-1570782129_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

What size chainring you looking for? I have a square taper crank with 33T that never got used for a SS project.

What size chainring you looking for? I have a square taper crank with 33T that never got used for a SS project.

Is that 33T a Narrow Wide? i have been looking for a 33T NW for years!!  :ph34r:

yea its the same crank that came with my wife's bike. Took all that out...put these in.

CWC took the square taper crank out forme for free. i'm sure if you ask any bike shop for a fav they'll do it. when i change around PF bottom brackets they usually charge me like R80 id they are super busy....otherwise also free. 

I think that Group set costs the same as the Bike :whistling:

I think that Group set costs the same as the Bike :whistling:

got it on special for 3.3k so not that bad. it was definitely more than half the price of the wife's bike at the time lol. But it is so much better now and she enjoys het 46T granny ^_^

Edited by morneS555

got it on special for 3.3k so not that bad. it was definitely more than half the price of the wife's bike at the time lol. But it is so much better now and she enjoys het 46T granny ^_^

Spent 3.3k on your wife's upgrade.... Is that so you can upgrade yours to Eagle ASX Rainbow at 33.9K with out feeling to guilty? :whistling:  :clap:

:drool:  :drool:

https://www.buycycle.co.za/mountain-bike/components/cranks/sram-xx1-eagle-axs-dub-groupset-175mm/

:drool:  :drool:

Is that 33T a Narrow Wide? i have been looking for a 33T NW for years!!  :ph34r:

It is.... but it has this one funny looking tooth that is narrow on one side and wide on the other.

Thanks. What you want for it? 

I do have a 32T chainring already though. Just need cranks and I guess a new BB? :( 

Really wanted to do this SS conversion myself. :( 

if you want to borrow my Crank Puller for a week or two you're welcome. 

PM me your number. 

Thanks, I will let you know if I need to take you up on that offer. :)

hardly...i still ride 1x10 haha

Pah ! you and your new fangled stuff.

I still ride 2x10  :ph34r:

ps. I even rode 3x9 the other day.

pps. XO - it worked perfectly.