2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking Roglic can let him only go up the road once more, then he will have to watch him like a hawk. The laaitie might be his biggest threat.

Oh for sure. I really honestly think that Pogacar is a GT winner in waiting. I don't think that it'll be this year though but it should be sooner rather than later. I reckon within the next three years Pogacar will almost certainly win a GT. He really does come across as a very very special young talent.

Ā 

As for Roglic he needs to be careful just how many matches he burns tomorrow and the over the course of next week. He can ill afford to find himself with not much time to play with should both Quintana and Bernal find their legs. Let's not forget the threat that they pose as well.

Oh for sure. I really honestly think that Pogacar is a GT winner in waiting. I don't think that it'll be this year though but it should be sooner rather than later. I reckon within the next three years Pogacar will almost certainly win a GT. He really does come across as a very very special young talent.

Ā 

As for Roglic he needs to be careful just how many matches he burns tomorrow and the over the course of next week. He can ill afford to find himself with not much time to play with should both Quintana and Bernal find their legs. Let's not forget the threat that they pose as well.

A few riders looking g very good actually. Too many slip-ups and they'll pounce..

Ā 

IMO Carapaz saved the day for Bernal..

A few riders looking g very good actually. Too many slip-ups and they'll pounce..

Ā 

IMO Carapaz saved the day for Bernal..

Strong ride from him as well. He certainly has kept Bernal in the contest. My worry for Roglic, who at the moment looks to be the strongest of the GC contenders imho, is that as the race progresses Bernal might ride himself into form and that could make for a spicy final week.Ā 

Ā 

I also liked the look of both Quintana and Bardet. Both look to be in good shape and should definitely be in contention for that final podium in Paris. At this point it is actually very hard to call who will be on that podium and in what order seeing that Roglic, Bardet, Quintana, Pogacar and possibly Bernal are all very much in the running.

JA dropped himself [emoji2356]

Unless he eats some steak with Pinot things are not looking good for him.

Strong ride from him as well. He certainly has kept Bernal in the contest. My worry for Roglic, who at the moment looks to be the strongest of the GC contenders imho, is that as the race progresses Bernal might ride himself into form and that could make for a spicy final week.Ā 

Ā 

I also liked the look of both Quintana and Bardet. Both look to be in good shape and should definitely be in contention for that final podium in Paris. At this point it is actually very hard to call who will be on that podium and in what order seeing that Roglic, Bardet, Quintana, Pogacar and possibly Bernal are all very much in the running.

Ā 

Nobody outside his team knows whether Bernal is injured or just off form or just playing the long game.TheĀ  long climbs during the last week are going to suit the pure climbers like him and Nairo a lot more. The race is wide open imo.

Roglic looked uncertain about what to do today. Like he didn't want to take the risk of going with Pogacar and getting one overed from behind..

Ā 

Bernal doesn't look to be in the necessary form. Carapaz is keeping him in the game but he's burning a lot of matches so I don't expect to see him in week 3,

Ā 

WvA! This guy can win the tour the old fashioned way if we didn't have these stupid team train tactics.

Can't understand why Jumbo made the pace today when it they had more to gain leaving Mitchelton on the front. Almost like they're not so confident anymore.

Ā 

JA, at 11min back his GC hopes are done.

Interesting bits:

Ā 

The French Prime Minister visited the Tour today.Ā 

Ā 

Rumours are flowing that Tadej, on his TdF debut, set a new record up the Col de Peyresourde at 6.8 w/kg, eclipsing Vino and Mayo's time from from 2003 by about 45 seconds. His ability to recover will be vital for tomorrow and beyond as he dug deep into the red today to climb up the GC standings.

Ā 

Courageous ride by Yates who clung on to yellow today. This would've been noted by Team Jumbo' who I suspect will want to claim yellow before rest day and then defend. The stage 20 time trial is perfectly suited for him and that will be an important part of his GC super plan, I reckon.

Ā 

Most spectators wore masks but did not maintain social distance with their passion overflowing. Some hyped up fans without masks were right up into riders' faces as they were gasping for air up the gradients. Idiots.

Ā 

Tomorrow's pivotal stage below. This'll warm me up!

9d6381512e650a9ef8e4bad40cdf6a76048691b6

Nobody outside his team knows whether Bernal is injured or just off form or just playing the long game.TheĀ  long climbs during the last week are going to suit the pure climbers like him and Nairo a lot more. The race is wide open imo.

Ā 

Ā 

what is this long game? I can't see how he will not get more tired as the tour progresses. They're not on training rides. The pace was high yesterday and many rodents paid the price today, Pinot included

Nobody outside his team knows whether Bernal is injured or just off form or just playing the long game.The long climbs during the last week are going to suit the pure climbers like him and Nairo a lot more. The race is wide open imo.

Yeah absolutely. Tomorrow is going to be another big test for all of the GC contenders. It is, as the English Cricket commentators are so fond of saying, all to play for - for all the main men!