New Site Problems . . .

Bonus

I am a newby, only having joined in 2004.

In that time it seems I have made 5292 posts and I think bought and sold maybe 5 items. Maybe  5 sales and 5 purchases so I am active in the forums somewhere between 500 and 1000 times more often  than in the Classifieds.

How can I set (both on laptop and Android phone) my landing page to "Active Topics" rather than Marketplace?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My second concern is with the alert system. The old method of subscribing to a category and receiving email notifications as the ads are posted is a lot more useful than getting a dump in the morning and then having to refresh the page throughout the day to see what's new. Surely both systems have their own merits and can exist in harmony?

^^^ This

It's now a real pain, and the likelihood of missing out on that bargain you are specifically waiting for is much greater.

1. When browsing marketplace on iPad (iOS 10.3.4) photos only appear in part & do not zoom at all (blank grey screen);

2. Side category filter/selector repeated across top, one of them is redundant;

3. Appreciate being able to filter multiple bike frame sizes at the same time, thanks;

4. Upgrade does seem to be positive overall, but hope you get the bugs sorted soon.

Has the new site stopped working properly on phones now? It is it just me?

Edited by Bonus

Has the new site stopped working properly on phones now? It is it just me?

What problems are you experiencing?

Appears more down than up.

Are you not able to access the site at all at times?

Today I found that the page listing the threads I have commented came up ok, but the stars at the side, allowing me to jump to "last post read", were not there?

Thanks

What problems are you experiencing?

Are you not able to access the site at all at times?

Was unavailable for most of the day.  

Today I found that the page listing the threads I have commented came up ok, but the stars at the side, allowing me to jump to "last post read", were not there?

Thanks

There was an issue with the icon set we use not displaying correctly, this was addressed yesterday afternoon so should be all good now.

Was unavailable for most of the day.  

That's an odd one, did you get any sort of error message? We had no server issues yesterday or other reports of the issue. 

If you have the problem again please could you send an email to help@bikehub.co.za 

Will do. Kept getting time out issue as page took too long to respond, used laptop and desktop even with cashe history cleared and all other sites working. 

There was an issue with the icon set we use not displaying correctly, this was addressed yesterday afternoon so should be all good now.

Stars are back and jump to last read post is working again. Cheers guys. Keep up the good work!

I am a newby, only having joined in 2004.

In that time it seems I have made 5292 posts and I think bought and sold maybe 5 items. Maybe  5 sales and 5 purchases so I am active in the forums somewhere between 500 and 1000 times more often  than in the Classifieds.

How can I set (both on laptop and Android phone) my landing page to "Active Topics" rather than Marketplace?

Would be interesting to hear feedback on this question.

It is only one click to get to the Forum ... so not a biggie.

then again .... interesting to glance at the latest adds, before hopping over to the Forum ....

Would be interesting to hear feedback on this question.

It is only one click to get to the Forum ... so not a biggie.

then again .... interesting to glance at the latest adds, before hopping over to the Forum ....

At the moment the only way to do this would be via a bookmark on your browser(s).

But in future we do plan to consider a customisable Home page layout, based on your predominant use of the site. There is a bit of work in the pipeline before we can get to that unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

When I’m the ‘classifieds’ section of the site, when navigating to the forums on a laptop/pc, there is an ‘active topics’ option which sorts the forums according to the most recent posts. This ‘active topics’ option is not available via my iPhone, using chrome. Only way I can achieve the same thing is to select the ‘View all forums’ option, which navigates to the old forum site, where I can then select ‘What’s new?’ under the forums menu. Essentially this option seems to be a 2 step process when accessing via mobile.

When I’m the ‘classifieds’ section of the site, when navigating to the forums on a laptop/pc, there is an ‘active topics’ option which sorts the forums according to the most recent posts. This ‘active topics’ option is not available via my iPhone, using chrome. Only way I can achieve the same thing is to select the ‘View all forums’ option, which navigates to the old forum site, where I can then select ‘What’s new?’ under the forums menu. Essentially this option seems to be a 2 step process when accessing via mobile.

Our apologies, the link is currently missing in the mobile menu. A fix is in the works and should be live in the next two days.