UK equivalent to Bike Hub

Shadowboxbrown

I have looked but can’t find anything remotely as good

This is true. BikeHub is a global leader in online bike forums (for Saffas and ex Saffas, definitely). Tried something in Kiwiland it was rubbish. Zero engagement.

This is true. BikeHub is a global leader in online bike forums (for Saffas and ex Saffas, definitely). Tried something in Kiwiland it was rubbish. Zero engagement.

Yep, success of forums or site is driven by activity, nothing worse than zero new posts when you revisit a forum.

Much better when all hell breaks loose, like here on some Fridays.

Yeah. Agree with most of the above. Here in the UAE, probably due to the strict laws (a hub Friday would definitely lead to multiple arrests. Keep in mind that even bumper stickers on your car are banned as many could be considered offensive) most rides / groups are FB or WhatsApp driven in a very calm and informative manner. Nothing beats the Hub for some good old honest and open banter where everyone steps over the line from time to time, gets a warning and climbs back in their box ..... for a while again.

I still enjoy the hub. For sure there some topics I don’t bother with anymore as they are of no use being 8000km away, I don’t even browse the classifieds either. But there are plenty topics I still find very interesting and engaging.

Viva Le Hub !!!!! Viva .......

There isn't another site quite like the Hub anywhere in the world! 

For ease of use, quality of information and caliber of members, BikeHub wipes he floor.

I'm on Cyclechat and Pinkbike amongst others. They're ok, but they're not the Hub.

Ease of use? You know that today's Friday? And Friday happens each week?

Ive been here(UK) 6 months and honestly the market here is so different   and have been unsuccessful in finding anything close to the   bikehub , this must rate as a leading cycling site.

Amongst quite a few observations the cost of higher end bicycles in the UK are  probably more expensive here that in SA taken into account the prevailing exchange rate at any given time .

• 1 month later...