2020 Tour de Zwift

JohanDiv

Tour has been tough but good fun so far. Looking forward to the last stage though. 

Not seen it mentioned yet but you can check your GC standing on https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php. At the top click on leagues and then select TdZ Open Ride or Race whichever one you did all your stages in.

I'm not really understanding these standing? It says I only did one event, but I did 5 stages. All in Cat C.

I'm not really understanding these standing? It says I only did one event, but I did 5 stages. All in Cat C.

I am not 100% sure but my guess is that you are actually not a Cat C racer based on w/kg and got a DQ for the other races you did. Zwift works on w/kg groups for the races for example the groups are as follows: (Sorry for formatting, just copied it from the website)

ZwiftPower Historic Category
A+ 4.6wkg and 300w FTP; A 4.0wkg and 250w FTP; B 3.2wkg and 200w FTP; C 2.5wkg and 150

So thus 0 - 2.5w/kg is D Cat; 2.5w/kg - 3.2w/kg is C Cat etc. Normally your 1st race on Zwift is going to determine your Cat. Not sure if these are your 1st races but lets assume so. That would explain why only 1 stage counted which would have been the 1st one. That probably put you at a w/kg of above 3.2w/kg which meant you should then have started stage 2 in Cat B or you would have gotten a DQ. Your current Cat will be displayed on your profile. For example if you look at my profile below you will see top left it shows your Cat plus position in Cat and some other w/kg info.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=204625

Hope this helps! 

Side note: You are allowed to race in a Cat above your current one just not a Cat lower. It is like this so that a 5+w/kg oak cant start in D Cat all the time and just win all the races.

Edited by YouCouldHave

Under Ride, it shows I did 5 events, and under Open Race it shows I did one in cat B.

I did the race for Stage 4 , as the distance was the same as the Long Ride; the rest I did the long rides.

So mine is correct.

For you, I see ZP has your last 4 races as UPG, so looks like it has decided you should be racing B.

I am not 100% sure but my guess is that you are actually not a Cat C racer based on w/kg and got a DQ for the other races you did. Zwift works on w/kg groups for the races for example the groups are as follows: (Sorry for formatting, just copied it from the website)

ZwiftPower Historic Category
A+ 4.6wkg and 300w FTP; A 4.0wkg and 250w FTP; B 3.2wkg and 200w FTP; C 2.5wkg and 150

So thus 0 - 2.5w/kg is D Cat; 2.5w/kg - 3.2w/kg is C Cat etc. Normally your 1st race on Zwift is going to determine your Cat. Not sure if these are your 1st races but lets assume so. That would explain why only 1 stage counted which would have been the 1st one. That probably put you at a w/kg of above 3.2w/kg which meant you should then have started stage 2 in Cat B or you would have gotten a DQ. Your current Cat will be displayed on your profile. For example if you look at my profile below you will see top left it shows your Cat plus position in Cat and some other w/kg info.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=204625

Hope this helps! 

Side note: You are allowed to race in a Cat above your current one just not a Cat lower. It is like this so that a 5+w/kg oak cant start in D Cat all the time and just win all the races.

Aaaaah, I see now the B next to my profile, thanks! Yes this is my first races since joining ZwiftPower. I wouldn't have thought that I'm supposed to race in B because I've never even been Top 10 in C races apart from the last race where I was second.

Aaaaah, I see now the B next to my profile, thanks! Yes this is my first races since joining ZwiftPower. I wouldn't have thought that I'm supposed to race in B because I've never even been Top 10 in C races apart from the last race where I was second.

Yeah, there are so many people who knowingly enter the lower cats... it is a big source of complaints on the Zwift forums, but until Zwift decides to do something about it, it is better to just ignore the 'official' results and go according to ZP's categories and results.

In the race I did for Stage 4, the top two from D should probably have ridden A and the next 9 could have been in B; the top 19 in C should probably have ridden B; and only 3 out of the top 12 in B should not be in A.

Stage 7 done. Route was way harder than I anticipated, especially that leg snapper midway through. Hurt a lot!

Good luck to those that still need to do Stage 7.

Stage 7 done. Route was way harder than I anticipated, especially that leg snapper midway through. Hurt a lot!

Good luck to those that still need to do Stage 7.

Doing Stage 7 Cat B race now at 19:11. Route doesn't look that bad? Just 13.8km?

Doing Stage 7 Cat B race now at 19:11. Route doesn't look that bad? Just 13.8km?

I found it hard. Did the long one with 2 laps. Legs were hurting a lot by the end and up that kicker.

Completely underestimated that!!

B races are hard compared to C..and the amount of A riders, flyers/sandbaggers in B is ridiculous! At least I got a bit of an FTP bump..15785a1f6fc6b6c1e1dce1d5c5b62782.jpg

I planned on doing Stage 7 tonight when I get home, but I think Eskom has other plans for me. [emoji1304]

Jup, our power just went off, I had planned to do the long one at 7pm.

Guess I'll see if I can do the 8pm one, or failing that 9pm.

Edit: one of those days. Finally managed to join the 9:10pm race, and got a modest bump in FTP.

Edited by HdB

So how does that "shiny" new kit look?! I was expecting something spectacular..

I still have to catch up Stage 6, but no schedule up yet for catch up days on the Companion App.

just did stage 7, damn I thought this was the perfect course for a nice FTP bump, instead I got another drop, that's what you get for doing a race during your lunch break, right before having lunch ! down to 274, now some rest this weekend and let's smash a new test next week :P

EDIT : the way Zwift allows people to smurf and join lower cats is stupid, I mean if you don't have a FTP set then you go to C or D, if you have one why do they let you chose which cat to enter, it should select it by default to your last FTP result, or average of your last 3, then it would be much harder to smurf

Not that I give a f*** about online races results, but surely it would help Zwift to have more balanced cats, than having a bunch of A guys ruining it for the B and C cats every race

Edited by Jbr