Riverfields MTB Trail (Kempton Park)

Charity85

Good day Gents

Anyone had any recent experiences at this trail. From what I read up its is open to the public and you can give a donation to assist with security. We are a small group of 4 blokes who want to try it out Sunday. Any feedback on the trail, security etc. would be appreciated.

yip free but a little overgrown at the moment.

Good day Gents

Anyone had any recent experiences at this trail. From what I read up its is open to the public and you can give a donation to assist with security. We are a small group of 4 blokes who want to try it out Sunday. Any feedback on the trail, security etc. would be appreciated.

Great place to ride!! Around 18km if i can recall. I was there 2 weeks ago and the rain has pooled up on some of the burms. Place also needs a bit of attention, overgrown.

I pay a donation every month to assist with the security guy they have onsite.

There is a Riverfields MTB Trail group on Whatsapp you can join - Looks like admin only can make comments.

Sure there is someone with more current info on the EAST.

• 2 years later...

Good day,

Bit of an old topic but I thought I would contribute. Did the short 7.2km route a couple of times recently, nice a flat for someone out of shape. 

Went for a ride yesterday and they've recently done a bit of maintenance. It looks like the routes have changed. The big boys route it now 11km. Some water in the burms, a couple of areas with standing water a few inches deep but otherwise pretty enjoyable, nothing technical. 112m elevation change total, and took my 43 year old out of shape self 40min per lap.

I see security vehicles riding around the perimeter quite a bit. I park my car outside the track which may or may not be sensible. The other riders I've seen seem to be more local and cycle there. 

Cheers

13 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

What is the longest route there? Cost 

Honour system, snapscan at the gate. I forget the amounts, but I'll snap a pic when I go ride there just now.

29 minutes ago, Schuits said:

Good day,

Bit of an old topic but I thought I would contribute. Did the short 7.2km route a couple of times recently, nice a flat for someone out of shape. 

Went for a ride yesterday and they've recently done a bit of maintenance. It looks like the routes have changed. The big boys route it now 11km. Some water in the burms, a couple of areas with standing water a few inches deep but otherwise pretty enjoyable, nothing technical. 112m elevation change total, and took my 43 year old out of shape self 40min per lap.

I see security vehicles riding around the perimeter quite a bit. I park my car outside the track which may or may not be sensible. The other riders I've seen seem to be more local and cycle there. 

Cheers

Maintenance. What they've done is trash the place. All the character has gone out of the routes now, especially how they've flattened out the bottom red section. Quite frankly, it sucks now.